🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment Method
Page options
666ba64e
Community Member

Payment Method

Hi all,

I was just hired by a client.

We were discussing the project when she realized she used the wrong payment method.

She wants to get the money back from escrow, setup her new payment method, then replace the escrow with money from her correct payment method.

She has asked me how she can do this without hurting my JSS.

What do we do?

I have not done any work for her, I am only new to Upwork so I am more concerned with protecting my JSS.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Conor M wrote:

Hi Andrea,

Thank you so much, so should the client hire me first, and then I will end the contract (with the wrong payment method) when I am already hired in the new contract with the correct payment method?

I thought ending contracts with no payment would hurt my JSS, based off other posts I have just been reading?

That rule changed. A contract that ends without payment no longer affects your JSS, unless there's also negative feedback from the client.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AndreaG

Hi Conor,

Your client can hire you on a new contract using the correct payment method. You can end the existing contract and refund the funds in Escrow. If no feedback is left on the closed contract it will not be included in your JSS calculation.

~Andrea
Upwork
666ba64e
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

Thank you so much, so should the client hire me first, and then I will end the contract (with the wrong payment method) when I am already hired in the new contract with the correct payment method?

I thought ending contracts with no payment would hurt my JSS, based off other posts I have just been reading?

Conor M wrote:

Hi Andrea,

That rule changed. A contract that ends without payment no longer affects your JSS, unless there's also negative feedback from the client.

Amazing, that is great news, thank you both!

8e43516e
Community Member

I have mistakenly entered a wrong bank account (Direct to Local Bank) while adding the payment method. Rather tha **Edited for Community Guidelines**I typed **Edited for Community Guidelines**. After correcting the mistake the wrong method is still showing as the primary though 'inactive' as the correct. I want to remove the incorrect one completely and put the put. Kindly help me. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Abdulateef,

I can see that you've already added the correct method to your account. It's showing inactive because it's currently going through a security verification. If everything is well, your payment method should become active in 3 days, if there's an issue, the team will reach out to you directly.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members