cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Method

albadavidson
Active

Hello!

I am new here in Upwork and I have clarification regarding filling up the payment method part in my account. I just want to clarify if I can start to find jobs or work even that portion is not yet filled? Can I just earn and have the money kept in my account and withdraw it in the future when I decided what kind of payment method will I choose.

Thanks a lot!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kat303
Community Guru

Yes, you can work and collect your payment. All payments for everyone, will go into what's called your cash account. From there, when you're ready, you can transfer it to your bank, paypal account etc. But there is a length of time that you can keep money in your cash account without transfering it out. I think, and I may be wrong so hopefully, if I am, someone will pop in here and give the correct length of time, but I think it's 90 days.  If so, that give you more then enough time to set up your transfer method and even a place where the transfered money will go to. But even though it's a good length of time to do that, you shouldn't wait until the very last moment.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kat303
Community Guru

Yes, you can work and collect your payment. All payments for everyone, will go into what's called your cash account. From there, when you're ready, you can transfer it to your bank, paypal account etc. But there is a length of time that you can keep money in your cash account without transfering it out. I think, and I may be wrong so hopefully, if I am, someone will pop in here and give the correct length of time, but I think it's 90 days.  If so, that give you more then enough time to set up your transfer method and even a place where the transfered money will go to. But even though it's a good length of time to do that, you shouldn't wait until the very last moment.

90 days is the length I've seen quoted by moderators also, Kathy. Davidson, you can start looking, but make sure you sort out your payment method as soon as possible. This is obviously in your own best interest also, so you can actually spend the money you're earning 🙂

Definitely! Thank you for the information Jennifer.

Thank you Kathy! That's a big help. So much appreciated!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS