Community Member

Payment Methods inactive

I have a  problem on Payment Methods upwork show me that it is inactive 

i want ask what is this problem and how can i solve it 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Has your name change been approved?

Have you completed your tax info in settings?

Has The beneficiary name mismatch been resolved?

Has it been over 3 days since you added a payment method?

do you have an available (not pending) balance?

all 5 have to have happened before you can withdraw.

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44
petra_r
Community Member

Has your name change been approved?

Have you completed your tax info in settings?

Has The beneficiary name mismatch been resolved?

Has it been over 3 days since you added a payment method?

do you have an available (not pending) balance?

all 5 have to have happened before you can withdraw.

adibdev
Community Member

yes the name change request is resolved and my name changed with success 

and now I fixed the tax information Re: Payment Methods active now 

thanks a lot 

adibdev
Community Member

when I go to editing payment method  upwork show me 

Please double-check your account info!

Incorrect or mismatched account name and number can result in withdrawal delays and fees.

upwork.png
petra_r
Community Member

Yes, because if you withdraw to the wrong details your money will not arrive.....

if if you are 100% certain all is well just click the green Save button

adibdev
Community Member

Ok I understand you . 

So what is the solution and what I must do 

screeler
Community Member

@adibdev wrote:

Ok I understand you . 

So what is the solution and what I must do 

You need to double check your info. easy peasy! 

f154ec70
Community Member

Hi can I ask if you had any sign indicating that the tax info was missing or incomplete? 

Hi Natalia,

Thank you for reaching out and raising this query. Yes, there is. Once you complete and submit your information in the Taxpayer identification and Tax identification number sections, you’ll see “Completed” in the capsule beside each section’s title. If you haven’t done so yet, the capsule will say, “Not completed.”

~ Arjay
Upwork
7ebca370
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

I have the same issue, I added wire transfer method 4 days ago and it's still inactive now although I meet all the criteria.

Kindly advise 

Hi Abdullah,

I am sorry to hear about your payment method. I see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi,

Any updates?

I haven't received anything yet.

Hi Petra, 

Thank you for the information. On the other hand, i want to confirm if the issue on my account having an inactive payment status is because there is no available balance yet? Everything is set aside from a balance being available. Kindly see the link below for the screen capture of my account. 

https://share.getcloudapp.com/E0uqYWRk

All the best. 

Winiefredo P wrote:

On the other hand, i want to confirm if the issue on my account having an inactive payment status is because there is no available balance yet? Everything is set aside from a balance being available.

It will stay inactive for 3 days after you have added it to your account, and in any case, until you have completed your tax information.

Hi Winiefredo,

I checked your account, and it looks like you haven't completed the W-8BEN form. Please complete the form and add your complete legal name as your complete name of business. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello! What am I going to do with the pay that hasn't reflected on my Get Paid section? Thanks 🙂

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sheilame,

In order to check the status of your payment, please go to your account > select the Reports tab > Overview and you'll see the funds under the Pending tab. That means they are currently subjected to a standard five-day security period and will become available for withdrawal as shown under the date details. Once they become available in your account balance, you'll be able to use the Get Paid Now button under the available tab and withdraw the funds to the payment method you set up on your Get Paid page, under Settings. Please read more about working and getting paid on Fixed-Price contracts in this help article.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, 

How to complete W-8BEN form

Sanah A wrote:

How to complete W-8BEN form

Go to Settings > Tax Information and complete it.

Your Withdrawal methods can't be active if you haven't completed your Tax Info (W-8BEN). They become active 3 days after you added them, provided your tax info is completed

Hello,

I would like to ask help to check if all my payment method is active.

7ebca370
Community Member

Hi,

Could you plz help me?

I added a wire transfer method for more than 6 days and it's still inactive, and I can't get any reply from the support for more than 4 days!

PLEASE HELP!!

Hi Abdullah,

I can sense the urgency of your concern, and we sincerely apologize for not being able to get back to you sooner. I've submitted a follow-up to the team handling the review. Kindly expect an update from one of the team members on your ticket and email momentarily.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi I have the same issue with my payment method.

Has your name change been approved? Yes, my identity was verified

Have you completed your tax info in settings? Does it apply if I'm located in the Philippines?

Has The beneficiary name mismatch been resolved? Yes

Has it been over 3 days since you added a payment method? Yes

do you have an available (not pending) balance? None

Hi Juliemin,

I checked and it looks like your payment methods are now active. Please know that once funds become available in your account balance, you'll be able to use the Get Paid Now button under the available tab and withdraw the funds to the payment method you set up on your Get Paid page, under Settings.

Let us know if you have further questions.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello!

Will my first pay be on the 27th of January as stated on my payment
schedule?

Thank you!

Regards,
Julie

Hi Juliemin,

If you've set an automatic payment schedule, your earnings will be transferred to your primary payment method, provided your balance exceeds a specific limit on your scheduled withdrawal date. Feel free to check this help article to learn more. 

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi sir is necessary to update pan or aadhar card?

Hi Reshma,

You will need to add a PAN or Aadhaar number in order to keep the withholding tax at 1% of your earnings. To enter your PAN or Aadhaar number, click here.

~Andrea
Upwork
5cdbe453
Community Member

Good day! I have completed the tax information and adjusted the beneficiary name mismatch. However, my withdrawal method is currently inactive. How can I resolve this?

Hi Lance,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello, 

I have done all the 5 solutions and still the payment method is inactive 

The last method i tried was update tax information and that was 3 days ago 

Can anyone help me with this ?

Hi Abdelrahman,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
ketansidapara362
Community Member

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

Hi Ketanbhai Rameshbh,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
dc14f397
Community Member

I have this same issue and it's been over three days. Support hasn't contacted me either. Please help me 

Hi Carolina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
shamaspervaiz
Community Member

Hi 

After changing the benificiary name I also save tax information setting. But payment still inactive. Upwork stil show the notification your payment method is deactivated beecause of the benificiary name. What can i do now?

Hi Sadia,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
mohamedramadan15
Community Member

Hello, 
After more than 7 days my payment method verification was in progress, but it is inactive now. Is it mandatory to have an available balance in my account for the payment method to be active ?

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members