🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment Pending: Client's billing has changed...
Page options
katie_munger
Community Member

Payment Pending: Client's billing has changed to unverified, will I still get paid?

I worked on an hourly project for a client. Their contract was placed on hold by Upwork and about a week later the client ended the contract suddenly. The hours I worked were automatically logged by Upwork and went through their review period. It is now listed under "Pending." 

This client origianally showed they were payment verified when I first accepted a contract with them but now they aren't... However, does the fact that the hours I worked are listed under pending mean that money is secure and I'll stil receive the payment this upcoming Wednesday? Or can it stay trapped in pending until the client verfies payment? I'm worried that this client may be MIA now since the contract ended and that I won't get paid.

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Katie M wrote:

However, does the fact that the hours I worked are listed under pending mean that money is secure and I'll stil receive the payment this upcoming Wednesday?

If you used the tracker, had meaniningful ework memos and decent activity levels, you're protected. It sounds like the client never paid, which would be why the contract was put on hold. But if you stuck to all the rules, you'll still be paid as Upwork will pay you out of your own pocket.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members