🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment Problem
Page options
bushra_a
Community Member

Payment Problem

I used the main account number instead of the full account number in the banking information. From my bank, it was told I can use it since both of the numbers belong to my account. (The main account number is a part of the full account number) . Now due to the scheduled withdraw, I got a notification that Upwork has transferred (yesterday)  and processed (today) the money to my bank account. I didn't receive any payment message from my bank.

Should I be worried about it? Since I didn't use the full account number and its the first banking information I added on Upwork. I am really worried now 😞

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Bushra,

I would like to confirm that the withdrawal was sucsefull. Unfortunately, I can't confirm if your account number is correct or not.
Please keep in mind that It can take between 2 to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded on your bank account. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let us know, and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
JoanneP

Hi Bushra,

I would just like to confirm, do you mean that you have withdrawn your funds to an incorrect account number? 

If the payment method you used is incorrect, the money will be refunded back to your Upwork account which usually takes from 7 to 10 days. Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
bushra_a
Community Member

Hi Joanne!

I got a notification on Upwork- ' Your payment on 29-Jul-2020  has been processed'.

Does it mean the account number I gave is correct?  ( I gave 5 digit number from my full account number since this 5 digit number exclusively belongs to my account) .

Please note that I didn't withdraw money from Upwork before and still got no message from my bank. 

Hi Bushra,

I would like to confirm that the withdrawal was sucsefull. Unfortunately, I can't confirm if your account number is correct or not.
Please keep in mind that It can take between 2 to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded on your bank account. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let us know, and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

I will be checking the updates and let you know if any issue occurs. Thank you.

Hi

On 29-Jul-2020 payment was withdrawn automatically from my Upwork account. Today 4-Aug-2020 - still I haven't received any message/ confirmation text from my bank.  What's going on here?

Hi Bushra,

I'm sorry to hear about your withdrawal. I checked and the transaction was successful from our end. You need to wait 8 business days to pass so that our team can issue a trace for you. In your case, that should be August 11th.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi  Aleksandar,

Thank you for your reply.

I don't understand,  the withdrawal occurred on 29-July-2020,  is it normal to take this long?  Please note that this is my first withdraw from Upwork.

Thank you.

petra_r
Community Member

Bushra A wrote:

I don't understand,  the withdrawal occurred on 29-July-2020,  is it normal to take this long? 

Yes, especially the first time. It's 2 to 5 business days, excluding holidays and weekends.

bushra_a
Community Member

I was really worried. Thank you very much for explaining it to me!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths