🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment Request
Page options
josephcaballero9
Community Member

Payment Request

Hello,

I have requested payment for the first time on July 19, the request was confirmed and was processed 1 hour only after I requested. Unfortunately, I have entered the card number instead of my account number so it was rejected and the funds were returned to my Upwork account. Then I immediately edited my account and after 3 days when the account turned active, I requested a payment again but it was on Saturday (no banking days) and received an email confirmation about my request. Now, today is Monday and I still have not received an email that my request is processed.
My question is how can I follow up about my concern or is this normal? Should I just wait for a few more days? Did Upwork hold my request because of the failed attempt of my 1st request?

Please advice.

Many thanks,
Joseph C.

Saturday and I believe that it is not a banking day. Now, it is already Monday, and I still have not received an email from Upwork that my request for payment is processed.  

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joseph, 

I would like to confirm that the Upwork website works in the UTC time zone, and it's only 4:00AM UTC. Kindly wait for 24-hours for the email confirmation email to be sent to you. I can confirm that the withdrawal has already been initiated and once it has been processed, you should receive an email letting you know.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joseph, 

I would like to confirm that the Upwork website works in the UTC time zone, and it's only 4:00AM UTC. Kindly wait for 24-hours for the email confirmation email to be sent to you. I can confirm that the withdrawal has already been initiated and once it has been processed, you should receive an email letting you know.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello Maam Avery,
                                   I never thought of the time zone thingy. Thank you so much for the clear response. Appreciated much!

Hello Maam Avery,

I was just wondering why I still have not received an email about "your payment request has been processed" because, on my 1st and 2nd request, it only took one hour for me to receive an email after requesting a payment. I know it takes 4-5 days to receive the funds on my bank account especially on 1st withdrawal. I just want to know if it's already been processed or not yet. Thank you! 🙂

Hi Joseph,

Since it looks like you initiated the withdrawal on the weekend, it will be processed the following business day. So please allow some time for the email to arrive today. Then direct to local bank payments take up to four business days to arrive at your bank.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Ma'am Avery,

It is already been 5 days since I requested a payment and I still have not received an email saying my payment is being processed. Minus 2 days because I have requested it on saturday. But the 3 days is too long for me, which I think, not normal. I already have made 3 withdrawals. I only received an email saying my request is confirmed but never received the following email that says "my payments are being processed." 

Please advice,
Joseph C.

Hi Joseph,

For direct to local bank transfer, it may take 3-5 business days before the funds are reflected in your account. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello and Good day Ma'am Marie,

It's already been more than 8 days and I still have not received an email of "payment request is being processed", I really can't tell if my payment is being processed or not. I have received an email on friday that upwork bank needs more information from me and I did comply and was verified the following day. Now I can't tell what I am waiting here, the process of my payment or the funds going straight to my account without receiving an email about my payment being processed. I am confused. Please enlighten me. Thank you!

Hi Joseph,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, I have the same issue the only difference is that I haven’t received any return of withdrawals yet so I don’t know what I should do next

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Joseth Caryl R wrote:

Hi, I have the same issue the only difference is that I haven’t received any return of withdrawals yet so I don’t know what I should do next

The money will eventually work its way back to your Upwork account. It will usually take at least a week or two, sometimes longer.

joseth_caryl
Community Member

I’m in the same situation I unknowingly typed the card number not the account number. I just made the withdrawal yesterday the difference is that I haven’t received any errors yet and it hasn’t been returned yet
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members