🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment Request
Page options
kcastillo420
Community Member

Payment Request

My client is not responding to my messages. I finished the project and requesting for payment however there's no reply from him. I can see that there's a $100 budget but I can't received it since he is not answering. Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
m_sharman
Community Member

I know this can be frustrating. Was the contract hourly or fixed price?

Hourly - there is nothing to do, your hours are logged, the work week on Upwork ends Sunday evening (in the US), there is a week for the client to review and funds will be available next Wed (the 20th).

Fixed price - Did you submit your work using "request payment?" The client can approve it, or after 14 days it's automatically released into pending if the client does nothing. 

m_sharman
Community Member

I checked your profile, I don't see any in jobs 'in progress' - did the client send you an offer via Upwork? If not, there is no way to protect the work you provided. The client is likely gone.

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

joansands
Community Member

Kathleen - Did you have a contract for the work you did? If not, you will not get paid. Do not work without a contract.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kathleen,

In order to check the status of your payment, please go to your account > select the Reports tab > Overview and you'll see the funds under the Pending tab. That means they are currently subjected to a standard five-day security period. 

Please read more about working and getting paid on Fixed-Price contracts in this Help article.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths