🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment Reversal. Evidence supplied but upwor...
Page options
iamrickyg
Community Member

Payment Reversal. Evidence supplied but upwork didnt dispute with credit card.

I had a client with a fixed rate contract. The payment was in escrow, I completed the work. In the chat he said it looked perfect, but he never approved it and disappeared. I submitted, waited 2 weeks, then was paid. He then showed up again, said he changed his mind and wanted to use something other than what I supplied and begged me to refund saying he was having funding issues. I declined the refund, a few weeks later a payment reversal occurred with his credit card.

I KNOW it is Upwork's policy to take the money back from me, so spare me that response. I simply asked Upwork to fight the dispute on the credit card since there was plenty of evidence he was not a fraud. Why would a fraud beg for a refund? Also, a simple search on Linkedin shows someone with the same name who owns a company that deals with chat bots (he had me design the UI for a chat bot).

Upwork assured me that they would dispute this and it would take 40 days. It has been much longer, and my help ticket is marked resolved with no response from them.

Either they are incompotent and lost (show me evidence please), they won and pocketed the money themselves after retrieving from me also (win win for them), or they just lied and never bothered to dispute.

Upwork does not care about their freelancers.

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ricky,

We're sorry to hear that your contract didn't go well. We have followed up with our team and one of our agents will update you via the support ticket shortly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths