🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment Source Not Verified
Page options
alice_schluger
Community Member

Payment Source Not Verified

Can you please clarify why client postings with Payment Sources Not Verified are not vetted ahead of time? I've encountered several occasions where these jobs turned out not to be legitimate. I'm not sure whether it's even advisable to respond to any of these postings. Please advise.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
m_terrazas
Community Member

Alice S wrote:

Can you please clarify why client postings with Payment Sources Not Verified are not vetted ahead of time? I've encountered several occasions where these jobs turned out not to be legitimate. I'm not sure whether it's even advisable to respond to any of these postings. Please advise.

That the payment is not verified is not a problem.
It will only be a problem if you accept a contract before the customer verifies it.
So, this should not restrict you from submitting a proposal. Only, if you receive a contract, be sure to tell the customer that you will accept it the moment they verify their payment.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
m_terrazas
Community Member

Alice S wrote:

That the payment is not verified is not a problem.
It will only be a problem if you accept a contract before the customer verifies it.
So, this should not restrict you from submitting a proposal. Only, if you receive a contract, be sure to tell the customer that you will accept it the moment they verify their payment.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths