🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment To My Upwork Account
Page options
df884156
Community Member

Payment To My Upwork Account

Hai, I'm not new into Upwork but I just received my first client on Upwork.
I got fews situation I faced and need answer :

- So, I finish my project with the client. Then, client released a payment to me for the milestone. I see on the earnings, there's no income in. May I know how?

- How I ended the project? Like I submit everything. How I ended the project?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3dd21a5a
Community Member

Hello Joycelyn,

Congratulations on securing your first client on Upwork!

To address your questions:

1. Payment Timeline: Once a client releases a payment for a milestone, it goes into a "Pending" period for security purposes. This is a standard Upwork procedure. The funds will be pending for five days and then move to the "Available" tab. Once in the "Available" tab, you can withdraw them to your preferred payment method. So, if you don't see the income immediately, just wait a bit, and it should appear soon.

2. Ending the Project: If you've completed all the tasks and submitted everything, you can ask the client to end the contract from their end. However, if you wish to end it yourself, here's what you can do:

• Go to the 'My Jobs' tab.
    • Click on the specific contract you want to end.
    • Choose 'End Contract'.

It's always a good practice to communicate with the client before ending the contract to ensure they are satisfied with the work and there are no additional tasks pending.

Complete all the courses in Upwork Academy Learning Paths and you'll understand everything clearly. https://community.upwork.com/t5/Learning-Paths/ct-p/LearningPaths

I hope this helps, and I wish you continued success on Upwork!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
3dd21a5a
Community Member

Hello Joycelyn,

Congratulations on securing your first client on Upwork!

To address your questions:

1. Payment Timeline: Once a client releases a payment for a milestone, it goes into a "Pending" period for security purposes. This is a standard Upwork procedure. The funds will be pending for five days and then move to the "Available" tab. Once in the "Available" tab, you can withdraw them to your preferred payment method. So, if you don't see the income immediately, just wait a bit, and it should appear soon.

2. Ending the Project: If you've completed all the tasks and submitted everything, you can ask the client to end the contract from their end. However, if you wish to end it yourself, here's what you can do:

• Go to the 'My Jobs' tab.
    • Click on the specific contract you want to end.
    • Choose 'End Contract'.

It's always a good practice to communicate with the client before ending the contract to ensure they are satisfied with the work and there are no additional tasks pending.

Complete all the courses in Upwork Academy Learning Paths and you'll understand everything clearly. https://community.upwork.com/t5/Learning-Paths/ct-p/LearningPaths

I hope this helps, and I wish you continued success on Upwork!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members

Upcoming Events
Jun 25
Crafting Your Compelling Story
Talent Toolbox English