🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment Under review
Page options
stephy_george
Community Member

Payment Under review

I just started my first project three weeks ago. I am on my third week now.

I have an hourly contract.

So when I check my payment overview I see my second-week payment in under a review.

Does that Client have to make a payment to Upwork first? I know they have 5 days to review

What happens after 5 days if the client didn't make the payment?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Stephy,

Congratulations on your first contract! 

Since this is an Hourly Contract, you are paid based on the Weekly Billing Cycle:

Week 1 – You log time using the Upwork desktop app and Work Diary.
Week 2 – Hours within the weekly limit are automatically invoiced to your client on Monday. They have until Friday to review the work. Then the review period ends.
Week 3 – Earnings become available on the following Wednesday.

Your client doesn't need to make any payment manually, they can only file a dispute during the review period. If no action is taken on their end, your funds will be released to you as detailed above.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AndreaG

Hi Stephy,

Congratulations on your first contract! 

Since this is an Hourly Contract, you are paid based on the Weekly Billing Cycle:

Week 1 – You log time using the Upwork desktop app and Work Diary.
Week 2 – Hours within the weekly limit are automatically invoiced to your client on Monday. They have until Friday to review the work. Then the review period ends.
Week 3 – Earnings become available on the following Wednesday.

Your client doesn't need to make any payment manually, they can only file a dispute during the review period. If no action is taken on their end, your funds will be released to you as detailed above.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths