🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Payment Verification
Page options
pinkelephants
Community Member

Payment Verification

I am not new to Upwork, but it has been a long while since I regularly took paying work. I just finished up my first job back and the client payed (with a bonus). I assumed that it would take several days to process the payment, but when I went to check the 'Get Paid' tab under my settings, I found myself confused and mildly worried over what I'm seeing.

First of all, my preferred payment (direct link to my bank account) is listed as unverified. I could have sworn that I went through this process several months ago when I began searching for work again, but nonetheless, I clicked 'verify.' I am seeing absolutely nothing in my bank account, even when I search through the history. I'm not sure how to verify at this point, and I'd really rather be able to verify it before the payment goes through.

In addition, I attempted to add an instant pay and my beneficiary name came up mismatched. I sometimes spell my name with an accent on a letter, so I assume that this is the root of the issue, and I've requested a change sans-accent that will hopefully clear it up. I also was able to add my paypal account. I can't help but be a little bothered by the transfer fee attached, as my preferred bank account should support a transfer without fees. Of course though, if this is the only way to receive the payment, I'd rather have it than nothing.

Is there any way I can fix this? And if my bank account can't be verified, will the payment go through to my paypal instead?

Please let me know what I can do.

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Siobhán,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with the verifications on your bank account and Instant Pay.

Once they are both successfully completed you can set up a primary Payment method.
When you`re manually withdrawing your funds you will be able to choose your preferred payment method. But, I would still suggest listing your preferred payment method as a primary so that the funds are withdrawn correctly.

If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran!

Thanks for your reply! My bank is currently listed as my preferred payment method, even though it is still saying it is unverified as of yet. Thanks for reaching out, hoping to get a more detailed response soon.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members