cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Payment bug?

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
1 of 13

My client just tried to send me a bonus. He said he drafted everything up and clicked through the send screen, and then emailed me to let me know. I went it to my account but can't see anything. He checked his, and he can't see the payment either. Is this yet another bug?

Community Guru
2 of 13

Yup, support confirmed it, so now there's also a system bug for payments. I am not amused.

Community Guru
Aleksandra K Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
3 of 13

Who cares about the bugs when we have all these new shiny features? At least you can chat with your client all night long for free! I wonder what's next?! 

Community Guru
4 of 13

@Aleksandra K wrote:

I wonder what's next?! 

Upwork devs accidently deleting the site. It would not surprise me at this point.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
5 of 13

@Krisztina U wrote:

@Aleksandra K wrote:

I wonder what's next?! 

Upwork devs accidently deleting the site. It would not surprise me at this point.

I had a client delete a site recently, and he didn't notice until site was backed up after it was deleted. Luckily he didn't delete the  WordPress database and he had a zip file for the theme, so I could recreate site minus images. I presume Upwork has one or more complete backups in one or more locations.

6 of 13

Or a switch to a dating site, LovedUp, whereby online workers could hook up across the globe.

Community Guru
Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
7 of 13

Did you check in the report?

Highlighted
Community Guru
8 of 13

To my pleasant surprise, we (my client and I) actually received prompt and competent support and the issue was resolved within 6 hours. I'll still have to wait an extra day for the money to clear due to this booboo, and worse, my client had significantly more work to do, when bonusing a freelancer should be literally the easiest thing on Upwork, but at least support delivered, which keeps my frustration to a minimum.

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
9 of 13
Is it an isolated issue? Would / will all other freelancers get this 6 hour turn-around?
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Community Guru
Aleksandra K Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
10 of 13

In the past month or so CS has always replied to my tickets in less than 24 hours Smiley Very Happy So it seems things are going in a positive direction…

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS