🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment date pending
Page options
stephenemukolwe
Community Member

Payment date pending

My client indicates that He's made a payment for 50% of the milestone we started a week ago. But the payment date is "pending". I've tried to contact support in vain. What could be the problem and how do I navigate through?

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Stephen,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Stephen M wrote:

My client indicates that He's made a payment for 50% of the milestone we started a week ago. But the payment date is "pending". I've tried to contact support in vain. What could be the problem and how do I navigate through?

Where on your Reports Overview do you see the money? In Pending? If the date to the left of the amount shows as "Pending" rather than a date for longer than a date, this essentially means that Upwork has not yet been able to successfully charge the client for that money. It sounds like the client made the payment as a bonus, rather than as a release of a funded milestone?

Hello Petra. The payment is classified as "Miscellaneous". What is the way forward?

Stephen M wrote:

Hello Petra. The payment is classified as "Miscellaneous". What is the way forward?

Yes, that was a bonus and Upwork have not been able to successfully charge the client's payment method. In other words: The client never paid so far.

The way forward is for the client to pay.

You should work on properly funded milestones fr your own safety.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths