🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Payment decline when add plus membership
Page options
jdwebsquad
Community Member

Payment decline when add plus membership

Hello sir,

Please help me to solve my problem. I have just started freelancing on this platform and I used all free connects. Now I wanted to move with plus membership and I added a payment debit card with proper bank information with enough balance. But I am not able to purchase a premium membership. Please help me so that I can start my work on this platform. Is there any payment verification process there? Please provide the reason for the decline. There are lots of people facing this issue like this which I can see on your community desk. Hope I will get a solution ASAP.
Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
muhammadali00786
Community Member

Hi dear if you want to upgrade first you need to call your bank and tell them to activate your online transition services then you can pay for this and buy a membership. but honestly, I've spent almost 300 connects which was paid but I can't get any job now I just get the first job with free connects, and after that I can't get any response from any client. further, as you wish go ahead.

I can purchase all service(online transition services) with this card so it means the card is active for online right? Bhaijan I can see your profile and find out that you are just started your profile on Upwork. Please suggest to me what to do for this decline problem. Did you integrate your premium membership with the first attempt?

Dear I can also purchase all things but while payment UpWork I need to activate online services so therefore I told you bro

Bro I'm here from last three months almost

okay, I will try to connect with my bank and ask them to connect online payment service to be activated. Do you have an idea regarding PayPal? Means If I will try with PayPal then it will cost extra?

2 dollar extra on paypal  and 1 dollar on bank transfer but these role only apply when withdral not on purchasing. I've earned 100 and you I've get only 70 dollar 20 fee dect and something in withdral they dectet

So you mean to say I should go with credit or debit card right? One more question bro. Should I try to purchase a membership with my friend's bank card?

NO just purchase it with your own If you don't do right they will make any type issue otherwise which is your target category?

which is your target category? what it means?

NikolaS

Hi Jd W,

I am sorry for the late response. I checked and It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding. Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

*Updated to add information.

Please note that you are allowed to use another user’s card as a Billing method (paying for membership fee, Connects, or contracts) provided you are authorized to do so. If any issue arises, the team will reach out to you. You can find more information on available billing methods in this help article.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello,

I wanted to know that if suppose payment method will be added and if I don't want recurring payment then what to do? Suppose I want to need a membership for two months then what to do? 
For example: if I have enough connects available then why should I want more by recurring?

Hi Jd W,

Thank you for your question. You may cancel your subscription at any time by going to Settings   Membership. The cancellation will be effective at the end of the billing period and your account will automatically be changed to Upwork Basic when your billing period ends.

~ Nikola
Upwork

One more question. Can you please let me know that if accounts name is different and support I will use debit/credit card of my friend then is it valid?
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths