🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment delay from the client side
Page options
themiroc
Community Member

Payment delay from the client side

Hello,

I have this situation in hands and I would like advise from experienced freelancers about it. I delivered a task on last Saturday morning, the client went unresponsive ever since, then I got this message on tuesday: "we will release payment in the morning.", that didn't happen of course, although its a very active client.  I'm wondering if I will have to wait 12 days more for my payment to be released or if there is a way for UW to check that indeed the contract ended and the payment should be released.

Also, does this happen often? Is it something I should expect from some clients? It never happened to me before. Besides, this contract will weight more in my JSS but I noticed this client doesn't leave feedback , will that affect my JSS? My JSS dropped from 88 to 83 this Sunday, I still don't know why, the only thing that changed is that open contract where the client is looking to the other way and everything else is 5 stars, so, is it affecting my JSS?

Well, this became a little vague, but if you can answer the main question I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

Miguelangel

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Miguelangel,

I just checked this for you and it looks like the client approved the milestone just recently. When a client releases a milestone payment, it goes through a 5-day security period, and will show under the Pending tab of your Overview page (Reports > Overview). During the 5-day security period, it gives the system time to process and clear the payments. Please read this article for more information about Fixed-Price Protection.

This contract is still active, and in order to leave feedback, the contract has to be closed. You can ask your client to close the contract if they don't have any more work they want to be done on it and they will be prompted to leave feedback.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Miguelangel,

I just checked this for you and it looks like the client approved the milestone just recently. When a client releases a milestone payment, it goes through a 5-day security period, and will show under the Pending tab of your Overview page (Reports > Overview). During the 5-day security period, it gives the system time to process and clear the payments. Please read this article for more information about Fixed-Price Protection.

This contract is still active, and in order to leave feedback, the contract has to be closed. You can ask your client to close the contract if they don't have any more work they want to be done on it and they will be prompted to leave feedback.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
themiroc
Community Member

Yes the client released the funds after I sent him another message shortly after I posted this. Another team member of the agency did it, not the one who hired me. 

Ok,  I just asked him kindly to close the contract: "Please remember to close the contract if you won't be requiring my services any time soon. "

Thank you very much.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members