🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment failed
Page options
ottavinidesign
Community Member

Payment failed

Just got a notification this morning saying: "Your payment of [x] to [y] transfer account failed, and the money has been credited back to your Upwork financial account. Review your payment method information".

I'm a bit puzzled since I didn't change my payment information nor anything else, and it doesn't seem to be an issue with my bank either (since previous payments went through without any hiccups).

Is Upwork having some payment-related issues? I've seen more than a couple of threads regarding failed payments in general so it left me wondering.

Anywho, I'm not sure if I should just wait it out and try to "Get paid" another day.

17 REPLIES 17
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Davide,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with withdrawals.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have the exact same question, received the same message from upwork, and my circumstances are pretty well identical to the OP. Nothing has changed at my end.. same bank account as i have used to receive payments from Upwork for many years and there are no issues with my account... I just transferred some money out of it moments ago.

Hi Peter,

I'm sorry to hear that your payment failed. I shared this with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi! I'm having the same problem right now. I already spent $5 on transfer fees but it keeps on failing. The bank I'm using right now told me that there's no problem on their part. I hope for a refund and help thank you. 

Hi Kristoff,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue and are now being assisted by one of our agents. Please feel free to update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
d768d173
Community Member

I am having this same issue, and this is my first transfer. It has failed twice already and keep getting credited to my upwork account after about 5 days on both instance.

I have cross checked my account detail and even updated it, and i still keep getting the same error.

What can i do to solve this issue?

Hi Samson,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
37cf4f6b
Community Member

I have the same problem. It says payment failed but withdrawal fee got deducted. 

Hi Justin,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hey. I tried to request for payment this morning using direct bank transfer and it didn't failed, but until now it hasnt reflected on my bank account yet. How long does it take? Thanks.

Hey Justin, contact your bank. Usually 1 to 2 days for most USA banks. Have a great day!

Am I doing something wrong here? It's still getting rejected why is that? 

37cf4f6b_1-1670592871736.png

37cf4f6b_0-1670592854570.png

Hi Justin,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
wardamanzar
Community Member

I'm facing the same issue! 

Hi Warda,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4eb8f48e
Community Member

I have received an email from your side that my payment has failed to be received! then when I removed my previous bank account details and added a new one, this payment disappeared and I can't find it anymore! Could you check this, please?

Hi Mohamad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members