Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Payment for an hourly contract

mbshenai
Mahesh S Member Since: Jul 10, 2017
1 of 4

Hi,

I am a freelancer who entered into a contract with a client, who initially requested 1 hour of work. The work was complete to his satisfaction (evident by his comments in the messaging record). Under the same contract, he asked me to do some more work which was completed in an hour. In our messages, he agreed to a rate. Since completion, however, I have asked him to close the contract and finalize payment, but he is not responding.

I got a message from upwork indicating that the extra hours were being reviewed, and finally, it was refunded from my account. That was frustrating, but I understand upworks policy. However, the original work which was completed has not been paid for -- and the client is not responding.  What can be done about this situation? Should I close the contract myself?

Thanks

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 4

Hi Mahesh,

I see the first payment cleared the security hold and the funds are available for withdrawal, please check your Transaction History and go to Reports > Overview. Regarding the second payment, please refer to the notification and follow up replies our team shared with you on your open ticket.

Untitled
mbshenai
Mahesh S Member Since: Jul 10, 2017
3 of 4

Thanks- that makes sense. As an add on question-

The contract still has not been closed. Does it need to be closed? 

I have conatacted the client with multiple messages, but he has not responded.

If I close the contract myself, is the payment still secure?

Additionally, how do I leave feeback for the client?

Thanks

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 4

Hi Mahesh,

If your client doesn't respond to your requests, close the contract yourself. It won't affect the payment you already received and you will be prompted to rate your client.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS