🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment for job
Page options
marcinzys
Community Member

Payment for job

So I did one job and now I'm waiting for a money from client.

How long should I wait for it and where can I check my earnings?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Marcin Z wrote:

If I understand, it is vital to accept offer at the beginning of work?

Absolutely, otherwise you may not get paid.

And yes, now it looks like you successfully submitted for payment. This means you'll get paid when the client approves the milestone, or after 14 days, whichever comes sooner.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Marcin Z wrote:

So I did one job and now I'm waiting for a money from client.

How long should I wait for it and where can I check my earnings?

Go to your reports overview page 

Look at all the different tabs and click on the question marks which explain the different stages.

Also click on the "When will I get paid" link on the same page.

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

it is in review, so i undertsnd that I just have to wait

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Marcin,

I checked your account and I can see that you still haven't accepted your offer. To do this, you can accept the offer from your messages, or by going to My Jobs > All Contracts > Click on the contract title. 
You will need to accept your offer > submit your work on the milestone created for you > once the payment is approved you will receive your funds. 

Please keep in mind that In order to be eligible for our Upwork Payment Protection you will need to be hired on an official contract and fulfill the criteria required. I would also like to point out that, our Fixed price protection does not cover promised funds or unfunded milestones. 
If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks. I followed your instructions and I believe now everything should be fine, or at least settled.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Marcin Z wrote:

Absolutely, otherwise you may not get paid.

And yes, now it looks like you successfully submitted for payment. This means you'll get paid when the client approves the milestone, or after 14 days, whichever comes sooner.

re: "If I understand, it is vital to accept offer at the beginning of work?"

Yes.

This is really important.

Experienced freelancers never start work without having first been sent a contract offer and then accepting it.

Marcin: If you were offered a contract, and forgot to accept it first, and then you did the work and then AFTER you did the work and/or submitted the work, you finally accepted the contract and got paid by the client: That is a very good thing indeed. This means you were working with an honest, professional client who wanted to make certain you were paid for the work that you did.

The problem is that there are SOME clients (a minority of the overall population of Upwork clients) who intentionally try to get free work from freelancers. And one of the ways they do that is to manipulate freelancers into doing work without a contract actually being in place.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths