🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Payment for service as a bonus, how does ...
Page options
borcez
Community Member

Payment for service as a bonus, how does it reflects your JSS?

Hi everyone,

My upwork JSS keeps droping for 1% every recalculation for the last 6 weeks (3 times) so far, no new contracts & no old ones 'forgotten' open, just 2 long-term clients.

My guess it is for one contract, that started off as a fixed price, and the client decided to keep working with me.
Since what was on the fixed-price specs was done, instead of adding new milestones or switching the contract to hourly, we arranged all payments to go as bonuses for the next jobs at the end of week. And it's all good so far. 

Still  "I am awaiting new milestones" on My Jobs tab on the mentioined contract, and the whole project is overdue for 2 months by the deadline arranged at start. Can this be the reason?

I have no problems at all with the payments from the client and tend to work for him a while on the project... and there are payments every week. So can it be flagged inactive as this?  

Has anyone had experience like this and any suggestions on how to be on the good side of the JSS recalculation the next time? Possibly with bothering the client minimally for this matter and keeping the payment workflow as punch a number($) at the end of the week..

Best Regards

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tlsanders
Community Member

The first drop may have been attributable to the low rating in September. After that, my best guess is that your 100% rating was based on a shorter-than-two-year window, and jobs are aging out of whatever that most favorable calculation window was. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tlsanders
Community Member

If payments are being made on that contract, it's not hurting your JSS--it doesn't matter how the payment is made.

That said, you do realize that your client can at any time decide not to pay you and there's nothing you can do, right?

borcez
Community Member

Yes, I know that and I am not worried (deployment on the work done is right after payment, not before).
If it's not this, what else could drop the JSS if there are no new contracts and nothing that will cause turbulences? 3 months no contract closed, no contract opened.

tlsanders
Community Member

The first drop may have been attributable to the low rating in September. After that, my best guess is that your 100% rating was based on a shorter-than-two-year window, and jobs are aging out of whatever that most favorable calculation window was. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members