🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment in Review and No Review Showing
Page options
drigglefox
Community Member

Payment in Review and No Review Showing

I completed my first job on 28th May 2020, excited. The job poster has left a review, I've also left a review, but no review is showing on my profile and the funds look like they're under "Review" now.

I'm obviously antsy to get the review and funds reflecting because it'll help me find more work.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

4 REPLIES 4
mtngigi
Community Member

If we all wanted live human help, we'd all be paying even more in fees to cover the cost. There are too many Upworkers to provide that kind of service ... so we make do with the forums.

Look under your reports tab and transaction history to see when your funds will be released. There is a five day hold period and we just had a long holiday weekend, so that may be causing some delays.

Thanks for your input Virginia. 

You're right, I actually removed that part of my post a little bit earlier. I was just a little frustrated because I'm so used to being able to pick up the phone and quickly call someone.

I see it says 10 June on the transaction history, thanks!

Does that mean the reviews will also only show then?

On fixed-price contracts you have to wait for 5 days from the moment a milestone is approved until it's available from your account. On hourly contracts you would usually have to wait until the second Wednesday after the week during which you performed the work. I'm guessing it was an hourly contract from the fact that you said it's showing the 10th of June on the transaction history: You logged those hours last week, and so the money will be available not this Wednesday (the first) but next Wednesday, the 10th of June.

Having said this, Upwork has been releasing payments quicker during the COVID crisis, making the funds available the following Friday to the week you logged your work on, so it's likely the money will be in your Upwork account by Friday the 5th. In any case, this was an exception to the rule, so don't panic if it isn't, it's on its way.

As for the feedback, if you both filled in the reviews they should show in your profile any time, sometimes it takes a little longer to update than others, again... it's on its way. It used to be that if you made some minor change to your profile, such as adding a comma to your description, saved it, and then refreshed your profile a couple of times, the feedback section of the profile would update faster and show new reviews up right away, not sure if that still works, but it might be worth a try!

Thanks for the input everyone!

I tried the update profile a little bit approach. And then BOOM, it showed up a bit after. Maybe coincidence but everything is showing up now!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members