🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment initiated through wire transfer on it...
Page options
faizanart
Community Member

Payment initiated through wire transfer on its own

Hi , Please guide me. I have requested for get paid. and chose Direct to local bank transfer, my account is in dollar and is not in local currency. up work converted this money to local currency automatically. I received nothing. then after 8 to 10 day I received a mail form upwork saying funds came back in my upwork account with a reason "bank information is not correct", I could see the funds reflected again in my upwork account, then while I was sorting out my bank details I received an other mail saying " As per your payment schedule, we have initiated payment of $1,129.51 from Upwork via Wire Transfer. Contact Upwork Support if this payment was not authorized." and since I have not change any bank detail yet so most probably funds are being transfer in the same account. Now question is I did not initiated wire transfer myself so please can any one tell me whats going on? and problem is this robot who giving answer of its choice. and I dont have phone number or video call facility to guide me. Please help

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

1 REPLY 1
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Faizan, 

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you.

Your funds were withdrawn due to your automated withdrawal schedule. If you`re setting up more than one payment method you can choose your primary one so that when you withdraw funds they are sent to your preferred payment method. 

It can take between 2 to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded on your bank account. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let us know, and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members