🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment issue
Page options
e8637e0f
Community Member

Payment issue

I had a contract of above 500$ with milestones 50$ every week, still my transaction details show 20% deduction from 50$. Like, I'll receive 40$ and 10$ will be deducted.
But I've read that for projects above 500$, there is 10% deduction.

Please guide me through!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Muhammad,

I checked your account and can confirm that you still haven't earned more than $500. I would also like to confirm that the fee is reduced once you`ve earned more than $500 with one client and not on your total earnings. To learn more about our freelancer service fee, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Muhammad,

I checked your account and can confirm that you still haven't earned more than $500. I would also like to confirm that the fee is reduced once you`ve earned more than $500 with one client and not on your total earnings. To learn more about our freelancer service fee, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Community,

One of my client name **Edited for Community Guidelines** hired me for an error fix with Magento store with 120 USD and I fixed it.

When I asked him/her to complete the project then I see my client only escrow of 15 USD.

I asked him/her and the reply was I will do it tomorrow but after 1 week still, I am waiting.

I think, I scammed.

I know it's my mistake, I should check the escrow amount but still, I am thinking that you guys strictly say my client to pay me, please send a mail at least to my client.

If my client forgets to pay me then it would be better for me.

Contract ID:  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Client name: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Regards

Karuna S.

It is against Upwork ToS to put the client's name or any information about the job in the community forum. You should send a direct message instead to Upwork help and they can help you figure it out, but your message will get edited or deleted since it has the client's full name.

Hi Madison,

I am very sorry for that, will never use the full name or anything.

Actually I messaged to my client so many times but not replied, requesting you to send a mail to my client so I can get my payment if it's not scammed.

Thanks

Karuna S.

You still need to send a message to Upwork support, you will get help way faster than waiting for a moderator to stumble across your comment and respond to you.

Karuna S wrote:

Actually I messaged to my client so many times but not replied, requesting you to send a mail to my client so I can get my payment if it's not scammed.

That is not how it works.

Upwork can only step in if the disputed amount is in Escrow.

You will be paid $ 15, the rest is between you and the client.

Madison, it would be a complete waste of his and Support's time to ztry and get paid by writing to Support because the client set the milestone, Karuna accepted it, the end.

Hi Karuna,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

Thanks for your help, I got a mail from your team and I hope my client will reply.

I know that Upwork can only take care of escrowed funds but still, I only wanted a favor to send a mail to my client.

Rest of things is in the hand of my client if she wants to pay me or not.

Thanks 

Karuna S.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members