🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Payment issue
Page options
sammi05
Community Member

Payment issue

I have completed a project and submitted the final document to the client. The client reviewed the document and said ok. Then I asked him to end the contract and complete the payment process. He did that.

But I have not received my payment in my account. Can anyone please explain this? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

For an hourly contract neither you nor your client can or need to "do" anything to initiate payment.

The Upwork work week for hourly contracts ends at midnight each Sunday evening London time.

The next day your client will get notice of your work time tracked by TimeTracker (or entered manually) and then Upwork processes payment from the client's registered payment method, which is available for payment to you 9 days later. 

When you actually receive that money into your bank account (or wherever you've told Upwork to send you money) on Day 11 or later, depending on your country, etc.

This is a fixed schedule. It doesn't matter when you or, preferably, the client close the contract after you have completed the work.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Was the contract hourly or for a fixed price with one or more milestones?

Hourly contract

For an hourly contract neither you nor your client can or need to "do" anything to initiate payment.

The Upwork work week for hourly contracts ends at midnight each Sunday evening London time.

The next day your client will get notice of your work time tracked by TimeTracker (or entered manually) and then Upwork processes payment from the client's registered payment method, which is available for payment to you 9 days later. 

When you actually receive that money into your bank account (or wherever you've told Upwork to send you money) on Day 11 or later, depending on your country, etc.

This is a fixed schedule. It doesn't matter when you or, preferably, the client close the contract after you have completed the work.

JoanneP

Hi Hassam,

In addition to the information Will shared, please check out this help article to learn more about the weekly billing cycle. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
shivam120c
Community Member

I was completed my project and submitted and the client doesn't give me my reasonable price, I message him but not response from the client-side.

what I do now, the Client doesn't reply to me after submitting my project. and also doesn't give me money

Hi Shivam,

I can see that you`ve already submitted your work on the milestone created for you. After 14 days the funds will be transferred to your account if no actions are taken on the milestone. Keep in mind that if you resubmit the work again you will reset the 14 days period. To learn more details about fixed price protection, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Shivam C wrote:

I was completed my project and submitted and the client doesn't give me my reasonable price, I message him but not response from the client-side.

what I do now, the Client doesn't reply to me after submitting my project. and also doesn't give me money

Are you hired? 

Does the job show on your "My Jobs" page?

Do you see the funds on your "My Reports" page?

Payment.jpg

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths