🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment issue
Page options
ca74184e
Community Member

Payment issue

I had a project based contract, after finishing the project, the client don't respond to my message anymore, how can i get my pay? Please help me this is my first project in Upwork
2 REPLIES 2
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anjo,

I checked your account and unfortunately can confirm that the client did not send you an offer just yet. In the future, please do not work on any project until a client has sent you an offer, you have accepted it, it's showing on your My Jobs page as an active contract, and the client's payment method is verified. 

Please check this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I had a project based contract, after finishing the project, the client don't respond to my message anymore, how can i get my pay? Please help me this is my first project in Upwork "

Anjo:

You did not have an contract, so you can not get paid for this project.

But there is GOOD NEWS:

First of all, you have learned from your mistake and you will never make this same mistake again.

Second, you OWN THE WORK. Because the client did not pay you, you retain ownership of all of the work that you did. You can post it as a portfolio item. Or sell it. Or do whatever you want with it. And the client is not allowed to use it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths