🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Payment issues with client
Page options
0dd315ca
Community Member

Payment issues with client

Hello,   

I have a client who said she is having trouble verifiying her payment, and not sure what to do. Would it work if i send a contract since im verified so she can pay me? is it safe so I wont work for free? Please help.   

Thanks, 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bobafett999
Community Member

Monica:  You should NEVER work without a contract and if it is a fixed price contract it has to be funded.  If it is hourly the payment method has to be verified.  If hourly, make sure you use Upwork's time tracker.  Since you are new, you have to be very careful about fixed price contracts.  Buyers take advantge of them and extract lot more work from you and you basicaly have no protection.  Let them fix their payment issue.  Don't work for free.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
pudingstudio
Community Member

Wait for them to fix their issue.
Client's payment issues are theirs, and you can wait for them to resolve it.

Of course you are not going to work before contract is in place and (if it's fixed price contract) milestone is funded and active.

Oh ok, so should I tell her to send me the contract anyway? what if she never really fixes that and wont pay? it is an hourly contract, just a small gig for a day, but im just worried even if there is a contract that at the end she wont pay for it.

Thanks so much Antun! 

UpWork won't be able to send you money before your client resolve their payment issues.
You will have no payment protection.

You can start your work after contract is in place.

Should you? If a client would said to me that they have some payment issues, I would be happy to wait for them to sort that out. I would not feel comfortable working until they do.

More about contracts with unverified payments:
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063098-Unverified-Billing-Methods

bobafett999
Community Member

Monica:  You should NEVER work without a contract and if it is a fixed price contract it has to be funded.  If it is hourly the payment method has to be verified.  If hourly, make sure you use Upwork's time tracker.  Since you are new, you have to be very careful about fixed price contracts.  Buyers take advantge of them and extract lot more work from you and you basicaly have no protection.  Let them fix their payment issue.  Don't work for free.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths