Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment method Argentina

mpayetta
Mauricio P Member Since: May 18, 2017
41 of 179

Hi Sol and Caro,

What I ended up doing is using the local bank transfer option and every time I get the transfer I do a paper factura C for the amount in pesos that I received. This is what my accountant suggested.

When you get paid in payoneer it's a grey area because if you make a factura E, the funds are supposed to be received in an Argentinian bank account by law. So even if you do a factura E but the payment does not reach a local bank account, then you're not within the law terms.

So my suggestion is to use the local bank transfer option to get paid and make a factura C. This has been working great for me for the past month and the exchange rate is not that bad.

Cheers!

Mauricio

sebastianrosario
Maximiliano Sebast R Member Since: Nov 29, 2016
42 of 179

Hi guys, I've been doing some research consulting with other local freelancers and lately with an accountant specialized in export regulations located in Campana (I can share his details if needed).

As Sol said, we need to do factura E, but most importantly, funds needs to be exchanged at the BCRA.

If you have done withdrawals via Upwork or Payoneer, you will notice that the transaction is marked as a manual deposit, $5k each, implying that they were manually deposited by someone over here that is part of a 'cave' of sorts.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

mpayetta
Mauricio P Member Since: May 18, 2017
43 of 179

Hi Maximiliano, thanks for sharing. My main question is, if the payment is being done locally, there is no money coming from abroad or any international transfer, does it make sense to make a Factura E? Shouldn't we do a Factura C in this case?

If you'd say that the money is coming in an international transfer, then we must do a Factura E and take a copy to the bank in order to receive the funds. But with the local bank transfer approach the money is deposited locally in pesos, so in theory we should do a factura C.

Anyways... I think we can get as many answers as the number of accountants we ask about this. This is how our country works ha.

Bests,

Mauricio

f_romero_alvarez
Fernando R Member Since: Aug 29, 2019
44 of 179

Hello Maximilano! I'm new to this and would appreciate very much if you could share your accountant contact with me.

ashokshah74
Ashok S Member Since: Jun 2, 2019
45 of 179
Yes tell me. What's the problem?
nicozetta
Nicolas Z Member Since: Mar 26, 2017
46 of 179

Hi Mauricio,

Same thing happens to me; it seems someone goes to the bank and makes a manual deposit to my account but it's anonymous. Who are you billing? What name do you use? What tax ID?

Thanks.

athomas85
Alejandro T Member Since: Jul 31, 2017
47 of 179
Hello guys,
For what I have researched and what Maximiliano said, this is the legal way of doing things:
If you are monotributista, you must do a Factura E to upwork, your "client". Even though the final client is another one, in the eyes of the law, Upwork, as the paying party, is your client. Law requires you have the funds transferred to a local bank from your client, and you must present the bank with a copy of the invoice to proove this is an income from an international client in order for them to release your funds.
Doing a factura C as a monotributista and not having your funds deposited in a local bank, is not the right way to do it on the eyes of the law here. Im not 100% sure if AFIP would fine you for this given that you've been paying the appropriate taxes, but in an incorrect form.
Once you reach the limit in the upper monotributista class, you will need to be classified as a Responsable Inscripto in AFIP. This is where stuff gets crappy for us. We'll have to pay earnings tax (impuesto a las ganancias) that can be up to 35%. Given that's an international client, it is exepmt of the 21.5% of IVA.

damiantetelbaum
Damian T Member Since: Apr 20, 2017
48 of 179

Hello everyone! 

I wrote UpWork asking for the tax ID to put it on my Factura E, but they are kindda elusive. 

How did you managed this? I know the adress, but no the ID...  Do you all do Factura E?

The deposit are made "by hand", someone goes to the bank and deposits that money in my name. 

It's not even a transfer. 

Any toughts?

Thanks!

nicozetta
49 of 179

Hi Damian,

I'm also trying to figure this out. A support agent told me they use Transfast as a third party and that it's them who make the deposits. The thing is they don't have an argentinian Tax Id either.

Please, let me know if you find out anything.

Thanks.

nicozetta
50 of 179

Hi everyone,

Somethins suspicious is going on. I received two payments in a week. One of them was a manual deposit to my account and the other one is a transfer from a J**Edited for Community Guidelines**(I have no clue who this person is). This cuit only shows up on **Edited for Community Guidelines** I think it's very suspicious that it doesn't show in **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I could bill this guy for services rendered, but what about the manual deposit?

Thanks.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS