cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment method Argentina

laski
Nahuel L Member Since: Nov 8, 2017
51 of 179

Same problem here. Isn't Upwork staff providing any solutions for this? Shouldn't they at least provide a Tax ID for the payments they do?

damiantetelbaum
Damian T Member Since: Apr 20, 2017
52 of 179

No contador could ever give me a proper answer to this. We can't do E bill because we receive local payment. We can't do C bill because we don't have a local CUIT. 

How UpWork expects us to work legally if they don't give us any help? 

I only hope we don't have tax issues in the future, as I plan to keep working on UpWork for a long time. 

gpetrini
Gabriela P Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
53 of 179

Has anyone figure this out yet? I can't find a legal way to do this.

hernan-tylim
Hernan T Member Since: Dec 29, 2017
54 of 179

I don't know what is the big issue (I'm just saying this because with my accountant we resolved this as something trivial).

If you want to do things legally you need to be or Monotributista or Responsable Inscripto. Which means you need to have a CUIT and have the ability to do invoices of type E. 

For getting access to type E invoices is a separate  process that you do from afip's web. This your accountant should be able to do it without any problem (even you if you want to mess with afip's web).

the TAX ID that many people is asking about, YOU DONT NEED TO FILL IT in the Invoice. Just leave it blank. 

Many confused things with invoicing and bringing funds. One thing is not related to the other. You can do invoice and keep your funds in a non-local bank. or do. 

In any case always assume that AFIP will know that you have that money and its best to do invoices to have everything in check. 

Disclaimer, I'm not an accountant and all of you should hire one. Smiley Happy 

hope this helps.

ygd182
Jorge B Member Since: Jun 1, 2018
55 of 179

Hello all,

First of all thanks to all because this topic has been very helpful to me.
I still have a doubt about this.
Besides that we can leave the tax id field from the Factura E blank, what information do you use to fill the other fields? I only have the upwork information that is present on the certificate of earnings.
Obviously I'll be making the factura E to Upwork because they are the ones sending me the money.

Regards

gpetrini
Gabriela P Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
56 of 179

Hi Jorge,

I always fill "Cuit País" (Estados Unidos - Otro tipo de Identidad) , razón social (Upwork Global Inc.) and the address (441 Logue Avenue, Mountain View, CA94043).

ygd182
Jorge B Member Since: Jun 1, 2018
57 of 179

Thanks a lot Gabriela!

luemi
Luciana E Member Since: Feb 14, 2017
58 of 179

Hi! I´ve read all the thread and just wanted to know how are you managing this issue right now.  

When you´re referring to "factura E" it´s "factura de exportación" right?  I don´t know how many of you are using "Factura electrónica". But I´m using that and if there´s something that I´m putting wrong Afip won´t let me continue doing the invoice till I done it right. So for example, if I doing a bill that exceeds  $1000(pesos) I can´t just leave the "razón social" blank or put final consumer, the Afip web will tell me that I have to fill in cuit/dni and name/social reason/address.

I agree with those who said that for example when using "direct to local bank" method the payment is made locally (for me it always appeared as a person who made a cash deposit on an ATM)  it's a local transfer made in pesos as if I had worked with an Argentinian client, so we shouldn´t have to make a "factura de exportación", as we aren't receiving  an international transfer.

What I´ve been doing is making "Factura C" choosing the "cliente del exterior" option at IVA condition field then choosing the option "country cuit" which I fill in with this cuit:

55000002126ESTADOS UNIDOS - Persona Jurídica 

and then in name I put "Upwork Global Inc.", address: "441 Logue Ave. Mountain View, CA 94043" 

This was the only way that the Afip site would let me make an invoice to Upwork in pesos using Factura C. I don´t know if it´s the right way or not. What do you think?  how are you doing your invoices now?

Cheers!

cristolagos
Cristobal L Member Since: Jul 13, 2018
59 of 179

Okay, so that looks like a way to do it. Can you certify in any way that AFIP approves this way of billing? Leaving the Tax ID blank, and just filling the CUIT Pais, Razon Social, and Adress?

Thank you very much.

cristolagos
Cristobal L Member Since: Jul 13, 2018
60 of 179

So I spoke with my accountant. She said we need to bill whoever makes the deposit to you (So pretty much UpWork). She also said leaving the ID Impositivo field empty should be okay as long as you fill in the other fields (She didn't sound 100% sure though).

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS