🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment method OUTRAGEOUS issue
Page options
sergio_rivia
Community Member

Payment method OUTRAGEOUS issue

Hello guys I'm a top rated active freelancer here on Upwork. My bank account worked normally for Upwork payments for a long time till, out of the blue, 3weeks ago or so I get a "name mismatched" notification and I can no longer use it.
This is preposterous and unacceptable because:

1.When I first registered my bank account (about a year ago), I had the same issue because I'm using a common surname variation in Upwork(but my registered ID matches my bank acount name) and so it was quickly RESOLVED and I was payed through that account normally for a year now.

2.Even though I'm a Top Rated and actively working freelancer, I was not notified about this(not by email nor within Upwork-I doublechecked)  and I found out suddently one day when I tried to withdraw.

3. For 1 MONTH now I've tried to communicate with Upwork in various ways to resolve this issue and I got NO response whatsoever. There seems to be NO WAY to get support.

Please help, I'm currently working and getting payed in multiple projects and this is just time consuming, frustrating and just plain wrong!!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sergio, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I checked your account and it looks like your payment method is currently being reviewed. I have asked the team to review your account, and I'll come back here once I have more information. ETA: The mismatch on your payment method has already been cleared. 

I also checked your support tickets, and I don't see any tickets from the past month. Could you please confirm where you tried to reach out? In the future, you can reach out by clicking on the "Get Support" button at the bottom right of this page to reach out to our Customer Support team. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sergio, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I checked your account and it looks like your payment method is currently being reviewed. I have asked the team to review your account, and I'll come back here once I have more information. ETA: The mismatch on your payment method has already been cleared. 

I also checked your support tickets, and I don't see any tickets from the past month. Could you please confirm where you tried to reach out? In the future, you can reach out by clicking on the "Get Support" button at the bottom right of this page to reach out to our Customer Support team. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you for the quick response.

Best Regards

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members