🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment method associated with maximum number...
Page options
abdul_cpp
Community Member

Payment method associated with maximum number of accounts

Hi,

I am trying to connect my PayPal account as a billing method but it keeps saying that this payment method is associated with the maximum number of accounts. I had it in one old account which I have closed.

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Abdul J wrote:

I am trying to connect my PayPal account as a billing method but it keeps saying that this payment method is associated with the maximum number of accounts. I had it in one old account which I have closed.

You are no allowed to close an account and open a new one. You'll need to get Upwork to reopen your old account and close the new one.

Hi Petra,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately, I have a lot of activity happening on this account so it would not be feasible to switch back to old account. The email IDs of my old and new accounts are different anyways, so I don't see a problem in using my own payment method with this new account.

Hi Abdul,

I followed up with the team, and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket. The email will be sent out shortly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

I appreciate your response but no one has contacted me yet, neither did I receive any email.

Hi Abdul,

I`m sorry about the delay and the confusion with this.
I want to clarify that PayPal is not available in your location and you will not be able to connect it to your Upwork account. 
To view your available payment methods go to Settings > Get Paid > Add a Method. 
To learn more about our accepted billing methods, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran V wrote:

I want to clarify that PayPal is not available in your location and you will not be able to connect it to your Upwork account. 

Then why is he getting the message that his PayPal is connected to his old account when he adds it? (To even attempt to add it it must have shown as available?)

Abdul J wrote:

... so I don't see a problem in using my own payment method with this new account.

The problem is that creating a new account when there is existing account, even a closed one, is a violation of Upwork's terms of service

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdul,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

Thanks for the reply but no one has reached out to me yet. Can you please look into it as I have a few potential clients waiting for this to get resolved.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members