🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment method deactivated because beneficiar...
Page options
grandeursolution
Community Member

Payment method deactivated because beneficiary name does not match with upwork account

Hello Team,

I am Sanket Deshpande, I am working as a freelancer over Upwork. I am a proprietor with the name of "**Edited for Community Guidelines**". In India, there is no compulsion for registering the name of a firm or company in the case of an individual, we just need to take care that we are not using any other's trademark name. I checked that and then I have given this name to my proprietorship. If you want then I am ready to rename it.

I have added the bank details of my relative due to personal reasons. There is no illegal and unethical activity are involved in it. 

In case you want then we can have a personal call over the Upwork.

I request you to activate my payment method.

Best Regards

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Grandeur S wrote:

Hello Team,

I am Sanket Deshpande,

Your account and profile  MUST be in your own legal name.as it appears on your ID documents.

Grandeur S wrote:

I have added the bank details of my relative due to personal reasons.

You are not allowed to do that. You can only add a withdrawal method in your own (or joint) names. You can't withdraw to a relative's name unless you are named on the account as a joint account holder.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

You MUST read the terms of service very soon. You can only be one natural person on a freelancer profile, neither a group, a company, or anybody else besides you. You must use your own name. Otherwise you will run into many more problems than this one, worst case getting your profile suspended, which ends your upwork career. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths