Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment method disabled

Highlighted
Amit S Member Since: Jun 16, 2015
1 of 12

Hello Guys,

I have an issue regarding my last payment withdrawal. I requested a payment on 16th August and it was processed on the same day. Mostly, I get the payment in my bank account within 48 hours, but this time I waited for it until yesterday (7 business days as there were no holidays in the US and in my country). 

I reported the issue to the Upwork support team and got their reply as well. As I knew that it would take more than 8 business days to actually trace the funds so I reported the issue in one day advance.

But today I got an email from the Upwork help center. It was a Returned Payment Notice: Invalid banking details.

The help center representative informed me that my recent withdrawal has been returned to Upwork by the bank. Also, provided me the additional information that the bank has returned the funds because of: INVALID FOREIGN RECEIVING DFI IDENTIFICATION.

So, now I need to add a new payment method again to receive my funds.

Now, I have few a questions:

I am working on Upwork from the last 3 years and I am using the same bank account from the very beginning. I have received nearly 150 payments in the same bank account from Upwork. In fact, I have received a payment on 14th August from Upwork in the same bank account. So, how is it possible that my bank has refused to receive the payment this time. All, my bank and Upwork details are the same, in fact, I have completed the ID verification process on Upwork a few months back. 

I have never changed my details anywhere (Not in my bank and also not on Upwork). So, what is the exact reason for this issue? Can anyone please guide me?

Also, currently I have only one bank account. So, even if I add a new bank account on Upwork, I need to first open a new one. It will take at least 5-7 business days to open a new bank account. It will further delay my funds.

Any answers to my question.

Regards,

Amit Sharma

Highlighted
Community Leader
Patricia M Member Since: Aug 8, 2016
2 of 12

Hello, Amit

Have ypu consider that is not an Upwork issue, but is a problem eith the bank? Did you check the information about the reversal with your bank agency?

Highlighted
BEST ANSWER
3 of 12

Hi Patrica,

I am also not saying that it is an Upwork issue. Now, it is actually my issue as I am suffering from it. Still, I am not worried about losing my hard earned money as I know that it is back in my Upwork account and now it is safe.

My only concern is that why my funds were returned by the same bank which I am using from the last 3 years on Upwork. Also, I received a payment from Upwork on 14th August 2017, so what can be the reason for any reversal?

My bank details and my Upwork details are the same. My PAN number i.e. Permanent account number (For Income tax ) and my Aadhar Card number i.e. Unique ID number issued by Govt. of India both are attached to my bank account. So, I don't see any reason for the reversal and that's why I raised this issue.

Sure, I am going to visit my bank today or on Monday to cross-check the information about the reversal but still, I believe that there are no reasons for any reversal.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Highlighted
4 of 12

Is there any one who can guide me or help me to solve this issue?

Highlighted
Rajiv R Member Since: May 19, 2020
5 of 12

Hi,
My payment has returned back in my upwork account.Kindly clarify the issue.

Thanks
Rajiv

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
6 of 12

Hi Rajiv,

Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, to keep all the information in one place so that our team can assist you more effectively. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
7 of 12

Hi Amit, 

As Patricia has asked, have you checked this with your bank to clarify why the transfer was reversed? 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
8 of 12

Hi Avery,

Thanks for the reply. Not yet as I was a little busy today and there will be two day holidays now. So, I can only visit the bank on Monday. 

But as I have asked above, can you please let me know that I have re-enabled my bank account registered on Upwork. Is it okay to re-enable it or is it compulsory to add a new account only?

Regards,

Amit sharma

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
9 of 12

Hi Amit,

If there were any changes related to your existing bank account, you can remove and add it again, making sure you're providing up to date information. Alternatively, you can add a new bank account if you prefer.

Highlighted
10 of 12

Hi Vladimir,

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS