🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment method for turkey
Page options
d592d0ac
Community Member

Payment method for turkey

hello everyone,

I am new on this platform and got my first job, but unfortunately cannot add a payment method. I live in Turkey, so paypal cannot be chosen as a payment method. I chose the local bank but when I type in my IBAN number it says that the iban number is invalid. What should I do? Anybody who has experience with payoneer?

15 REPLIES 15
JoanneP

Hi Dilek,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
c5255793
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I'm in Turkiye also, I'm trying to adding a withdrawal methods in my Profile > Get Paid settings. I chose local bank, and it did not accept any of the swift code I'm trying. I tried more than 3 different banks, I have same error: "Sorry, Direct to local bank to this bank is not available". Even with national bank it did not works. 
What I need to do ?

Hi Ahmet,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble setting up your payment method. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c5255793
Community Member

Thank, I'm waiting for support.

Upwork community moderator are great, you answer very quickly, I hope tickets also will be resolved quickly 👍

demettowrites
Community Member

Hi Dilek,

Have you ever withdrawn your payment? Did you prefer directing to your local bank account or payoneer?

Which is the best? Local bank account should be in Turkish liras or do we need to open a dollar account?

Thanks,

Demet 

Hello Demet,

Direct to your bank account has a larger exchange rate difference. Payoneer also has it, and they charge $3 per month and if you want your funds to be transferred to your account the same day, they ask for $2.5 for each transaction. The funds are transferred in 2 days if you do not pay that. In addition, Upwork takes $2 fee for each withdrawal. Therefore, if you are not withdrawing $800-900+ regularly getting the funds directly to your bank account is cheaper in the long run. And yes it should be Turkish Lira account.

I wish along with many other freelancers they added Transferwise as a payment method. They say they are listening to the freelancers whenever they make a change. I wish they listened a bit harder and added Transferwise as a payment method.

373b0a4a
Community Member

i Have same problem & i dont know how do this . 

Hi Mojtaba,

Could you please share more information about the issue you are experiencing so that we can assist you appropriately? Please also send us a screenshot of the error message from your end so that we can better assist you. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
df61cfab
Community Member

Hi there,

I am a freelancer from Turkey. I don't know how to withdraw my payment from upwork. Paypal is not avaible in Turkey so I can't use paypal for this situation. Is there any other solution for this problem? What am I supposed to do with my withdraw problem?

Hi Cansu, 

I would be happy to help. To make it easy for you to access your money, we offer a number of choices for withdrawing your funds. You can withdraw your funds using the payment methods: mentioned in this help article

Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
df61cfab
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

If you can share the info about how can I withdraw my money to a Turkish bank account, it would be so helpful to me. I read the article about payment methods but I am confused about if I can withdraw my money with Payoneer. Can you share more details about payment methods or should I have to do more research about this subject?

Hi Cansu,

Thank you for your follow-up. When you add your Payoneer account as a withdrawal method to your Upwork account the withdrawn funds will arrive at your Payoneer account. From there, you have the option to send your funds to your local bank. Check out these helpful articles for more information.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a785d09b
Community Member

I lıve in Turkey.

izlemarsiya
Community Member

Hello,

I just booked my first job on Upwork but the system isn't seeing my Turkish banks SWIFT code as a valid one. I need assistance please. 

Hi Izlem,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members