🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment method has been deactivated
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078
branko-ilincic
Community Member

I have PayPal account with an email address, but my account name here is not with email address. When I try to add payment method, I get the "The beneficiary name is mismatched". I am using the same email here during registration though.C an you please help me somehow? 

Hi Branko,

Could you please try to complete the W-8BEN form under Settings> Tax Info, which purpose is to

confirm you're not a US taxpayer. You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents. Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Nikola
Upwork
nosvan
Community Member

Hi there,

I am not Branko. Moreover, I had issued that document years ago. That
reminds me, I should resend my nationa ID so I can relink my paypal, right?

regards,

Hi Jose Daniel,

The post you are referring to was for another user. 

Regarding your PayPal, please refer to this support ticket where our team reached out a couple of days ago. In case you have any questions, feel free to post them directly on the ticket so that our team can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
23846d58
Community Member

Hello, 

I got the "The beneficiary name is mismatched" message, but the email and name from both my paypal account and upwork are the same. What do I do?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Vinay,

Please allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They'll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Nikola
Upwork
d852f34d
Community Member

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account-. I'm not sure why but I have 2 First names, on the card it shows only the first Name but I filled out before as my 2 first names.

I have already edited my details to replace name with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

Hi Mark,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ai0services
Community Member

Hi,

My name is Muhammad Usama Habib Shah in documents,

I added my Bank account to activate Local Bank Transfer
But In the Bank, my name is registered as Muhammad Usama Habib

So I got this:
Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

How can I resolve this issue?
Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

How? 

Contact me here or by mail?

Hi Muhammad,

Once a ticket is created you will receive an email notification and it will be listed under your ticket section Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, this is Adawiya **Edited for Community Guidelines**. My payment method is deactivated because accordingly my bank account name and upwork account name are not same, but upon double checking it, they are same. How come I get noticed that it is mismatched? Kindly help me resolve it.

Hi Adawiya,

Thanks for reaching out. Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thank you. I hope you can help me since I did not found any mismatched between my bank account name and upwork account.

God bless!

b14ee471
Community Member

Good day everyone 

i.m trying to add a credit card to receive money in w9 form but I got "this credit card doesn.t match your name "

so i.m trying to add a PayPal account and got the same problem either ]

actually my Paypal account and my credit card in my name **Edited for Community Guidelines** but I don.t know why I got this problem 

Hi Ahmed,

Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
93f064cd
Community Member

Hello I want to add my bank account to get paid.. but my bank account name and my profile name not match exactly .. and my ID name is in arabic but account name is in English ..so what I can do now ??

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Naheel,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
lee-anne_d
Community Member

I'm trying to add a payment method to Upwork. I've added my bank details but it says my name (LEE ANNE D COSTA) doesn't match my Upwork profile (LEE-ANNE D'COSTA). This may be due to the hyphen and apostrophe in my name? My bank doesn't show those in my name. Also in my bank account, there's my middle name (ALEEN). I'm not sure how to rectify this. I thought I should change how my name appears on Upwork? Can anyone please tell me how to resolve this issue?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lee-Anne,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please, allow up to 24 hours for our team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
srinigorur
Community Member

hi

while entering bank details i am not able to select country beyond A letter. hence i selected Albania and it should be India.pls change

Bank address and other details are correct.

regards

Hi Srinivas,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
1536951b
Community Member

hi there, this morning i have an e-mail from upwork support that my profile has been verified, then i got another mail that my profile name doesn't match my bank account name, then i edited the name to match it , but my profile isn't verified yet.
could any one tell how to completly verify it ? 

Hi AYA,

For your security, you need to allow 3 days for your withdrawal method to become active.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
b14ee471
Community Member

Good day everyone
I had added my paypal account
And i get "doesn. T match your name "
Contact with customer service and reviewed it manually and didn. T meet the criteria for compliance.

I wanna know how it does
Customer service said to me "Hi ahmed"
Tha name "ahmed farouk on your Paypal account" doesn.t match......
That.s realy called me ahmed and ahmed on paypal account doesn. T match my name i wanna know what is that review??
I attached the customer service response

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Ahmed,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
kachmar_mikhaylo
Community Member

I just put my bank account and the verification process give me this error but my name is the same in both sides.

Hi Mikhaylo,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
alsayedalsaka
Community Member

What to do if the names do not match
Account Support Team reviews Name mismatch was verified when my account was linked to PayPal

What can I do

Hi Alsayed,

It looks like your name was approved just recently. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Sir, why does Paypal transfer always fail? I removed the payment method then put it back and there is the same problem

Hi Alsayed,

It looks like you have already added your Paypal account already. Please allow three days for the payment method to be active. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
umaima-syed
Community Member

Hello to the community. I'm facing issue iafter setup bank account the beneficiary name is mismatched with the name on upwork. There is a differnece  of Syed and Tanveer. As per my identity card my name is Umaima Tanveer  but  on upwork it has name of umaima syed(I just put it becuase i have id with this name). How to resolve this issue any one can help. It will be appreciated. Thanks is advance.

I have same issue, please anyone can guide to me as well.

Hi Ravi,

The notification is not showing on your end as well now since the payment method has been already verified. Please allow 3 days for the withdrawal method to become active.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Umaima,

I checked and it looks like your payment method was already verified. Please note that in order to activate your payment method and access your earnings, you need to complete the W-8BEN form, which purpose is to confirm you're not a US taxpayer. You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents. Also remember that for your security, you need to allow 3 days for the withdrawal method to become active.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you for resolving my issue. 

9126389d
Community Member

Hi,

My name is Salman, recently I verified my account 2nd time.
Now I can't able to withdraw my money as it is showing "The beneficiary name is mismatched".
My name on the ID is **Edited for Community Guidelines** Salman with is very common with Indian Muslims. We use it as an initial just like MR or MISS.  Please help.

Please also let me know, What if I changed my profile name to **Edited for Community Guidelines** Salman, will it be any problem?
Thank You.

Hi Salman,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

If you want to make changes to your name, you can do that by going to the Settings > Contact Info page.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths