🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment method name mismatch issue, i want to...
Page options
affed47b
Community Member

Payment method name mismatch issue, i want to add my company bank account in my freelancer Profile.

Screenshot 2022-10-01 at 11.02.51 AM.pngScreenshot 2022-10-01 at 11.01.20 AM.pngHi Upwork, I would like to ask you a few quaryes, Please help me solving this problem:

I want to add my proprietorship company bank account in my freelancer profile, when i did that i got a mail from Upwork support that "Your payment account name does not match your name on Upwork" and i get a unique link where i need to fill the details. When im opening the link I can see a list as,(1.FULL NAME 2.DOB 3.COUNTRY 4.CITY 5.POSTAL CODE)

MY QUESTIONS ARE:

👉In this list should i fill in my own details or my company details..? (when i'm filling in my company's Date of incorporation they are showing some error regarding age limit)

👉 If I put my company name there should my profile name gate change..?

👉In the 2nd page (Gov Id profe) can i select PAN CARD as my id.? because my company's and my PAN both are the same.       (This is a proprietorship company)

👉In the 2nd page there is an option for attaching documents, is this alright to attach my PAN card and company's incorporation certificate where it is clearly mentioned that I'm the sole owner of Cloudspace Solutions.? If not then where to upload the incorporation certificate..?

👉I don't want to change my profile name. I just want to receive my payment in my proprietorship company account. Is this possible?

Looking forword to here from you soon. 🙂

Thank You
Subhasree Banerjee
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Subhasree,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You would have to fill out the form using your own details. To set up payment, you must be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on the chosen account, or be able to demonstrate that you are authorized by the business to do so. The listed name on the account must match your verified name on Upwork.

Since you are using a company bank account — To complete verification you need to provide personal identification as well as one of the following:

• An original bank statement showing the company name, as well as your name
  • A business license showing your name and the company name
  • Articles of Incorporation showing the company name with you as an authorized agent/owner

If our team finds an issue with the details you provided, we will reach out to you with follow-up instructions on how to correct it.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
759e32fa

Hi Subhasree,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You would have to fill out the form using your own details. To set up payment, you must be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on the chosen account, or be able to demonstrate that you are authorized by the business to do so. The listed name on the account must match your verified name on Upwork.

Since you are using a company bank account — To complete verification you need to provide personal identification as well as one of the following:

• An original bank statement showing the company name, as well as your name
  • A business license showing your name and the company name
  • Articles of Incorporation showing the company name with you as an authorized agent/owner

If our team finds an issue with the details you provided, we will reach out to you with follow-up instructions on how to correct it.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you Annie, it really helps me. I'm going to do the steps as instructed and let you know if I need further help. 

Regards,
Subhasree B

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members