Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment method possibly verified

michael-remus
Community Leader
Michael R Member Since: May 18, 2015
1 of 6

I've seen something in some job offers, that confused me a little bit. In my Job Feed I have seen this:

payment_verified.png

It shows me a client who is working with Upwork for several years, with a verified payment method and a high hiring rate. When I open the offer, I see this:

payment_verified2.png

Now the payment method is not verified, but the client paid $1.052 already. What does this mean?

In addition, when I've scrolled down I have seen this:

payment_verified3.png

The client feedback is not visible.

What does this men to me? If I see a job offer in my Job Feed with "Total Hires: xxx" I will not waste time with it.

iloveworks
Farhana B Member Since: Sep 5, 2015
2 of 6

I also have found this kind of client story and for few jobs I had applied too. Client Payment method not verified but he/she has spent, to me it means client had a verified payment method but the payment method is not working at this moment. For ex. he/she could add a credit card and the expire date could expire. 

michael-remus
Community Leader
3 of 6

@Farhana B wrote:

...to me it means client had a verified payment method but the payment method is not working at this moment. For ex. he/she could add a credit card and the expire date could expire. 

I thought the same, but the most important part for me is the hidden feedback. Beside the job details, I want to know as much as possible about the client, and in this case the only information I get, is an issue with the payment method and it is not necessarily the expiry date.

d_lidwell
Community Guru
Dawn L Member Since: Sep 3, 2015
4 of 6

I've seen jobs like that show up in my Job Feed also. My initial reaction to the payment not verified but monies have been spent is, the client is one from Elance that has moved over to Upwork with the merge.

As far as the no feedback showing up... I've seen some like that too and, since I've only recently come back to this site to work, I assumed that Upwork had now made it possible for clients to hide feedback somehow (though I'm not sure if this is truly the case), so I take some time out now before I apply to click on those freelancer's names and scroll to see if feedback was in fact given. It's time consuming, but it verifies for me whether or not to expect a feedback rating if I win a contract.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 6

The payment method not verified thing will, as others have said, be due to either a temporary glitch on the client's payment method (expired, changing cards or whatever,) a migration glitch or a bug

The feedback thing - have you tried clicking on the job title?

michael-remus
Community Leader
6 of 6

@Petra R wrote:

The feedback thing - have you tried clicking on the job title?

There are no links on the job titles and the freelancers name., so it is not possible, like Dawn said, to click the freelancer and get some information from their job history.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS