🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Payment method verification in progress
Page options
danail_h
Community Member

Payment method verification in progress

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with the Payment method verification in progress. It's been more than a week and no one has contacted me regarding this even though it says that it will be either approved or someone will contact me within 48 hours.

The problem is that my bank account name doesn't match the one I use in UpWork (the bank account name uses abbreviations and my family name and my UpWork name is my full name). I tried Paypal but there I got the same problem.

Thanks in advance for the help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Danail,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Danail,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

This is Vivek C here. I am also facing the same problem, Since 15 days payment verification is in progress. From my side, all information is matched and correct.

Hi Vivek,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform that your payment method is accepted and will be active in 3 days

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hey Pradeep H

I also have the same problem. My payment verification method has been in progress for more than 48 hours. I've been using this payment method for years. Kindly assist

Hi Daisy, 

Thank you for your message. I see that the payment method was added on June 3rd. Please allow 24-48 hours for the team to review your request.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Similar problem here, I have 'Payment method verification in progress' message for some time already, because of name difference, while it's UpWork fault, it doesn't allow Polish 'Ł' letter, I had to write 'L' instead of it in the profile name. There was never problem with the payment metod earlier tough, I had many transfers allready made to this bank account.
I'm expecting a payment tommorow, I really need to get it as fast as possible. Please fix this.

Hi Bogna,

I've escalated your concern and can confirm that you should no longer see the name mismatch on your end for the payment method you're referring to. Please, let us know if you require further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ssylwira
Community Member

Thank you, but I have the same problem again, because I had to update the number of the Wise account, it's fortunately not so urgent now, but I'll probably get my payment in few days, I'd like to be able to withdraw it then.
The same issue is with my Polish account mismatch. I'm not using it now but I might need it in the future, do I have to ask here for every account seperately? Shouldn't it be confirmed within 48h?

Hi Bogna,

Thank you for following up. I reached out to the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello, this is Sunwoo S.

There's the same problem going on me as well, for last 2 weeks.

Maybe it is because my beneficiary name is filled out in Korean, but there should be an English spelling and for the rest I've filled it correctly. I've done my government ID verification too.

Please check and fix my problem, thank you

Hi Sunwoo,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method is accepted and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
yfranz
Community Member

I am also facing the issue. It shows Payment method verification in progress since last Tuesday.

Hi Yuriy,

I checked with the team and they have confirmed that they have reached out to you to request documents to complete the verification process. Please reply with the documents they requested from you so that they can review them. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
d8039add
Community Member

Hey guys, same issue here. It's been more than 48 hours, also made a ticket, no response. Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Hi Filip,

I can see that you have already successfully submitted a ticket to our support team. Please allow them time to review and get back to you directly to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
h_helfawi
Community Member

Hi, I have the same problem which happened after I add my company bank account.. All other accounts (company and perosnal have been put on hold except Payoneer). It has been ~1-2 months and no one contacted me. May you please help?

Hi Humam,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep, 

I also have the same problem Payment method verification is in progress Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account., I have 2 last names but my bank account and debit card only used one last name, is been more than 2 weeks and nobody has contacted me, can you please help me ?

Thanks!

Hi Romina,

I have reached out directly to the team handling your case and they've confirmed that the name mismatch has been cleared. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
sarmin44
Community Member

I am also facing the issue. It shows Payment method verification in progress since last withdrow.

Hi Sarmin,

Thank you for your message. I do not see any pending payment method verification in progress on your account. Are you referring to the same account you are posting this message from?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
c373c83c
Community Member

I'm having the same problem for 5 days now. All the Information are matching and my Bank account name is R P De**bleep**ha, which are just my initials. Please fix this issue ASAP, it's very inconvenient.

Hi Ranawakage,

I checked and can see that the Bank account that you're referring to is already active and you should be able to use it. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3b408a84
Community Member

Today I saw I have the same issue "Payment method verification in progress", who can help me? Thanks.

微信图片_20230423160749.png

Hi, sorry I made mistake, I  put in a name change request just now, actual I do not need to change my name. I want to cancel my request, but it can not work, who can help to cancel my request? My name needs to keep current. thanks.

微信图片_20230423162015.png

Hi Youyou,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members