🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment method
Page options
fc4cbba6
Community Member

Payment method

Hello, I alrready have my paypal account with same name but different email. Can I still use my exsiting paypl or is it important for me to have a paypal account under my existing email?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daniel,

Thank you so much for your patience while we were looking into this. We've received the clarification. Please note that emails for your PayPal account and Upwoks account don't have to match. However, it still has to be the PayPal account you're the owner of and has to be verified.

Apologies for the confusion. I'll adjust the information in the earlier post on this thread accordingly.

Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.
~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daniel,

Your Upwork and PayPal accounts should use the same email address (if needed, update in your Upwork Contact Info). You can check this help article for more information.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
fc4cbba6
Community Member

I could see verfied name must match with paypal name. 

Yes, my Paypal name is same with upwork verified name.

Can I use it?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daniel,

It looks like you were able to add your PayPal account as your billing method and you should be able to use it. Please note that this is your billing method for purchasing Connects and upgrading Membership Plan. If you want to set up a Payment Method to withdraw your  Upwork earnings, you'll have to do it separately here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
fc4cbba6
Community Member

https://www.upwork.com/ab/payments/4847790/disbursement-methods

This link does not works. it says I don't have access...

Hi Daniel,

Could you please try logging into your Upwork account and going to Settings> Get Paid? If the same error occurs, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
fc4cbba6
Community Member

It works..

So I need to change my upwork email same as my payPal email?

Hi Daniel,

To use PayPal, you must make sure that your verified name on Upwork matches the name on your PayPal account. If you haven't verified your name yet, be sure that your profile name matches the name on your PayPal account. Here's the help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
fc4cbba6
Community Member

The PayPal I want to use is mine and it match with Upwork verified name. Only email is different. May I use it?

Hi Daniel,

Please bear with us as this may take a little time to get information since we’re waiting on a response from another team. We appreciate your patience and will update you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

OK

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daniel,

Thank you so much for your patience while we were looking into this. We've received the clarification. Please note that emails for your PayPal account and Upwoks account don't have to match. However, it still has to be the PayPal account you're the owner of and has to be verified.

Apologies for the confusion. I'll adjust the information in the earlier post on this thread accordingly.

Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.
~ Bojan
Upwork
fc4cbba6
Community Member

Thank you for your clarification

19854b8c
Community Member

i am finding it difficult to withdraw money from my upwork account to my paypal account. it is saying "unable to apply funds"

Hi Adewale,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members