🐈
» Forums » Support » Payment not received after 3 days.
Page options
zayim-1
Community Member

Payment not received to my Local Bank

Hi, I hope you are fine. Yesterday I made a transaction to my local bank account and till now I didn't receive the payment to my local bank account. This is the first time I face this type of issue otherwise on my previous payments I get the payments after a few minutes of transactions made from Upwork. 

I call to my bank as well and ask them about that and they said, they don't receive any payment against this reference ID yet.

Can you help me to trace my payment or what is the issue actually?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

928 REPLIES 928

Hi Haider,

Please keep in mind that  It can take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let us know, and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork
davidhernandez09
Community Member

I would always get paid within 1 day of receiving the notification that the funds had been sent to my bank account. It has now been 1 week and I haven't received my last payment.

My bank account has not received anything, and UpWork keeps giving delaying answers to make us wait, hoping it will get solved all of a sudden!

Hi David ,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with the status of your withdrawal. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I've already reached out and I have a ticket number 307 579 13, did that like 4 days ago... But this doesn't get anything moving faster or fixed sooner!!

My money is not in my bank account yet.

g_sianez
Community Member

Not only am I behind on my own expenses but also my child support payments and my Internet bill is due in TWO days. What is going on? I am seeing that I am not alone. Now there are four of us who have this issue. Please be TRANSPARENT  with us Bojan. Perhaps I should inform my Upwork clients about this super slow payment process. I am not stupid and I know that a wire transfer is instant. I have used TransferWise among other payments programs and they are the same day. 

I already received my payment processed confirmation and received the money on my bank account. I reached out yesterday to support email, maybe it would be helpful for you.
f9253935
Community Member

Hello sir, 

I've not received my payment that was processed since June 7th, went to my bank but they haven't received any money

Hello David,

I am having the same problem along with Esteban and Ricardo. There must be a problem with Upwork's payment processing team.I also have a week waitiing and have received nothing but evasive answers.

I have received my payment today (a week later...) after my client, whom I have a contract with, got on the phone with them 2 days in a row...  unbelievable!!

080bjaked
Community Member

I made a withdrawal on 7th March however it is yet to reflect on in my bank. May I get a trace for this please?

Hi Bolaji,

I checked the transaction you're referring to and can confirm it was successful on our end. It looks like today is the 7th business day after the withdrawal. If more than 8 business days pass and you still haven't received your funds, feel free to follow up here and we'll be happy to initiate that trace for you.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello

It's more than 8 working days now. Kindly assist with a trace for the transaction.

Regards.

Hi Bolaji,

You got it! Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
adeel-nazar
Community Member

Hi Avery, 

I am facing the same issue i have initiated the payment on 31th of March at 12:39PM Local Time got confirmation at 1:18PM Local Time but still payment not reflected in my account, I have talked with Bank they are saying there is no Payment in pipeline, can you please investigate this?

Thank You

Hi Adeel,

I checked the transaction you're referring to and can confirm it was successful on our end. Please know, Direct to Local Bank payments take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If more than 8 business days pass and you still haven't received your funds, please follow up with us and we'll be happy to initiate a trace for you. You can learn more about Direct to Local Bank Fees and Timing here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
mohid_ahmad
Community Member

Hello, I transfered funds from Upwork directly to my local bank account on 24th of April and it's 26th of April here now and I still haven't received my payment.

I deleted the payment method after I made the payment so, I'm worried that my payment got stuck into limbo. I've talked to my bank and they say that payments should get processed within 48 hours and it's been over 48 hours.

Can anyone kindly assist me on this situation, I'm sweating buckets here 😕

Mohid Ahmad S wrote:

Hello, I transfered funds from Upwork directly to my local bank account on 24th of April and it's 26th of April here now and I still haven't received my payment.

That's normal. It takes 2 to 5 business days (which does NOT include weekends and holidays).

You are just starting business day 1(!)

Mohid Ahmad S wrote:

Can anyone kindly assist me on this situation, I'm sweating buckets here 😕

No need. Just wait

Thank you so much for the quick reply! I'm more relieved now.

One more question is the processing taking time from Upworks end or my Bank?

Mohid Ahmad S wrote:

One more question is the processing taking time from Upworks end or my Bank?

There are several "actors" in the process. Processing at Upwork's end to Upwork's bank, Upwork's bank to payment processor and finally the payment processor to your bank. That all takes time.

Ah! Thank you 🙂

sami7126
Community Member

HI! i am sami ullah **Edited for Community Guidelines** dear upwork team i have transfer my payment in 6 October 2021 to my local bank today is 11 October and my payment is not receive in the bank account dear upwork team please check my transaction why my payment not receive in the bank i waiting your response thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Sami Ullah,

I checked the transaction and can confirm that it was successful from our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions are processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, you can come back here, and we will assist you further. In your case, that should be on the 19th of October. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
AndreaG

Hi Zaeem,

I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. In general, Direct to Local Bank payments take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If more than 8 business days pass, please follow up with us so we can initiate a trace for you. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
zayim-1
Community Member

Thanks for your reply. I'll wait 4 days and get back to you in both cases.

5a9b977f
Community Member

Bro I made a payment to my local bank today and I didn't get it. I called the bank and they said no payment is received in my account. Did you get your payment?

If yes then please guide me so I may not loose money.

Community Member

I withdraw my funds last oct 24 and Upwork said that it has been processed and might be received for 3 days but then on oct 27, upwork emailed me saying that my payment was disabled. I dont know why that happened and my bank account didnt receive any money for the said period date. now I retried to withdraw my funds again, can you please assist me to transfer my money faster.

Hi Kathlene, 

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
58dedeab
Community Member

Hi, I withdrew my funds to local bank on 25 Oct but the money is still not received. What's next?

Hi Sarosh,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

I am currently facing the same problem that the amount does not show up in my local bank account. May I have your assistance on this? Thanks! 🙂

Hi Su Teng,

I would like to confirm that your withdrawal was sucsefull. If you haven't received your funds after 8 business days, feel free to follow up here so that we (Moderators) can assist you further. 
To learn more about this, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, It's been more than 8 business days. May I know what I should do next now? Thanks!

Hi Su Teng,

Please keep in mind that weekends are not counted as business days and today is your 6th business day. If you haven't received your funds by next Tuesday, feel free to follow up here and we will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, noted with thanks! Will check with you again after 8 business days. Thanks! 

Hi Su Teng,

I've encountered the same problem and it's the 5th business day since I transferred funds to my local bank. May I know if you received yours already and when? Did they say what the issue was? Thanks!

Hi, I requested a payment on the 28th January 2022 and have not yet received my payment. Can you please tell me where it is? Ref 447821382

Hi Danielle,

Thank you for your message. I checked and your withdrawal was initiated successfully. Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi good day,

please kindly check I just get paid last feb 2 direct to my local bank, however until now it did not appear to my account, I already contact my bank and they told me that I  put wrong brstn and they told me that the funds will be reversed to upwork. please help me with this thanks.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Heinrich, 

If there are issues with the bank information you provided Upwork, the withdrawal will automatically return to your Upwork account within eight to ten business days. 

If it doesn't happen automatically after ten business days, please reach out to us here or to the Customer Support Team directly so that you can be assisted further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I added my bank details and i added more detals as much. But i can't be paid "Payment method has been disabled" and "Your payment has been rejected" I really can't understand what's wrong with payment methods. I can buy Connections so my card working well but i can't be paid. What can i do?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths