🐈
» Forums » Support » Inquiry on the the disbursement of my first p...
Page options
zayim-1
Community Member

Payment not received to my Local Bank

Hi, I hope you are fine. Yesterday I made a transaction to my local bank account and till now I didn't receive the payment to my local bank account. This is the first time I face this type of issue otherwise on my previous payments I get the payments after a few minutes of transactions made from Upwork. 

I call to my bank as well and ask them about that and they said, they don't receive any payment against this reference ID yet.

Can you help me to trace my payment or what is the issue actually?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

928 REPLIES 928
0a577bfe
Community Member

I requested to be paid on Friday, May 21st and it is now May 24th at 3:15 pm EST and I have still not received my funds to local bank.... 

Hi Kayla,

I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Direct to local bank transfers may take up to 4 business days before the funds are reflected in your account. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

Feel free to check this help article for more information.

~ Nikola
Upwork
maribelcapitle
Community Member

Hi! I am a new freelancer. I would like to ask on the waiting time for the upwork to disburse payment through local bank? Today is the 9th day from the date I requested the payment. I already emailed the customer service but I have not heard from them yet. I am getting a little worried about the transactions. Really hoping you can advise me on this. Thanks! 

Hi Maribel,

I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Direct to local bank transfers may take up to 4 business days before the funds are reflected in your account. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

Feel free to check this help article for more information. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
46472d9d
Community Member

Hi guys.

I finished my client's job and the client made the payment. But there is no money from upwork for 2 months. They said that the payment was made twice, but it did not reach my local bank account. The initial payment was returned to my upwork account 20 days later. The second payment was made on May 14th, but there is still no money in my bank account. I don't understand what is the problem. I can receive payments from abroad to my same bank accounts, but the money sent from upwork does not come to my bank account. The same answers are given every time, but no solution has been found yet.

Hi Vedat,

I checked and it looks like you already have a support ticket with our team which they updated today. Please review your ticket here

~Andrea
Upwork
kunalkumar2001
Community Member

I haven't yet received the payment processed email.

Hi Kunal,

I checked and it looks like you initiated your withdrawal today, please allow some time for the transaction to be processed. In general, direct to local bank payments take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. You can learn more about Direct to Local Bank Fees and Timing here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
babarhyder
Community Member

I haven't yet received the payment processed email.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Babar,

I can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Please know, direct to local bank payments take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. Bank holidays in the U.S. or your country can delay your funds. If 8 business days pass and you still haven't received your funds please follow up with us and we'll initiate a trace for you.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello Upwork Hope you're doing well, I have requested my withdrawal on 18
may, as TOS 8 business are passed So I want to initiate trace on my
payment thanks,

Hi Babar,

I'm sorry to hear you have not received your funds yet. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
igad
Community Member

Hi - I need someone from Upwork to help me and I can't seem to find where I can submit a support ticket. My payment is usually paid on a Wednesday, and is in my account that evening, however last week... it didn't happen, even through I went through the same process as normal, and to date my payment still hasn't shown up in my account. I am getting very worried and have bills to pay. Can someone help me please?

Hi India,

I am sorry to hear that you have still not received your funds. I see that your withdrawal was successfully initiated on your account and still in process.  Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
igad
Community Member

Thank you Pradeep. It usually comes in straight away, and it's still not in. 😞 This is my pay and all my bills are overdue, so it's very concerning. I keep checking my bank account and it's not come through. Tomorrow will be 7 days since I authorised withdrawal. In fact, I'll have another amount to withdraw tomorrow... will this be delayed also? Again, very concerning for a freelancer.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi India,

I would like to clarify that today is your fourth business day, please keep in mind that weekends are not counted as business days. 

Rest assured, your funds are not lost. If you haven't received them after 8 business days feel free to follow up here and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. 

You can also initiate a new withdrawal at any time, the usual time frame for Direct to Local bank withdrawals is up to four business days. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
igad
Community Member

Pradeep... can I please gave someone look into this further. It's now been almost 3 weeks since I approved the payment and I haven't received any funds. I actually have last week's funds pending for payment too... and they haven't hit my account either.

This is concerning as it's my wage and salary... and the bills are piling up. 

It's not great... can I get some assistance please. Thanks!

Hello India,

I am sorry to hear that you have still not received your funds. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly to investigate and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork
igad
Community Member

Hey Pradeep,

This is getting dire now. 3 weeks with no income. This is my main income and I have literally got $5.81 in my bank account. I want to do the right thing and continue to work with my client in Upwork, but at this stage, if I am going to go WEEKS without having my salary paid, it seems it would be best to get paid directly from my client instead of going through Upwork.

How is anyone supposed to live? I am really concerned about my livelihood and the fact that there has really been no action... is insane to me!

$5.81 to feed my three kids, myself and pay my mortgage... what the heck?

I need this sorted out as a matter of urgency. This is inhumane.

Indy

Hello India,

Thank you for your message.

We understand how frustrating this must be, not able to access your funds. I see that our support team is already investigating the issue and communicating with you via a support ticket and awaiting a response from your bank. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. On our end, I will also follow up with the team so that they can expedite the matter and continue updating you on your support ticket.

Thank you.

Pradeep. 

Upwork
bagaskarawg
Community Member

Hi, I would like to ask about my withrawal status from 30 May 2021, I still haven't got the Payment Processed confirmation, I know that 31 May is a holiday, but, it has been 2 days that I didn't receive my withdrawal. Can anyone please check the status? Reference ID: 385935426

I am a little bit unsure where to ask about the withdrawal status so here I am asking here. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Hi Bagaskara,

I see that your withdrawal was successfully initiated on your account and it is still under process. You will receive a confirmation once your payment has been processed. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

It will be reassuring to be able to monitor the status of the withdrawal. Anyway, thank you so much for the response, I will keep looking at it and wait until the mentioned time frame and request support again.

Thank you

amjramos
Community Member

Hi I've mistakenly input my card number instead of my bank account number and withdrew the money from upwork. My question would be, would my transaction be already void on that specific day that i withdrew the money and from there the dispute or the processing of return will start?

Hi Antonio,

Rest assured, your funds are not lost. Since your account details are not correct the funds should bounce back to your Upwork account. If you haven't received them after 8 business days, feel free to follow up here and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
sarapelkic
Community Member

Hi. I have trouble with getting paid, is there anyone I can contact to help me?

Hi Sara,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
6ae63949
Community Member

I transferred money from Upwork to my local bank, but it is not showing in my bank account. What should I do?

I just posted my grievance! Can you help me with it?

Hi Ritika,

Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork
meshverts
Community Member

Hi im Akshay I am a freelancer. I am having a lot of difficulty in withdrawing my available funds from upwork. I had applied for withdrawl of 10$ as a test amount on 16th of may and my amount was also processed by upwork via direct bank transfer. But its been almost 20 days the payment did not showed up in my bank account , And there was an email from upwork that my payment has been retured back to my upwork account because the bank has gave a reason (Unable to locate account). But all the information that i gave are all verified. I dont Know what is the problem . Please help me as there are more payments that needs to be withdrawn from my upwork account.

Thank you.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Akshay,

I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticket. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

If you have any further questions feel free to follow up on your support ticket and our team will be happy to asst you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
richards37
Community Member

Hello dear administrator,

I made a withdrawal request on Saturday 5th June, 2021, and another one on Monday 7th June, 2021. The withdrawal I made on Monday 7th June 2021 has been credited into my local bank account, while the withdrawal made on Saturday 5th June 2021 has not been credited into my local bank account. Please, what could be the problem or the cause of the delay in the first withdrawal request? Thank you for kind response. I look forward to hearing from you.

Hi Ayuba,

Please know, direct to local bank payments take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. Bank holidays in the U.S. or your country can delay your funds. If 8 business days pass and you still haven't received your funds please follow up with us and we'll initiate a trace for you.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello dear Andrea,

Thank you for your response.
This situation is frustrating, with the level of competition for job on upwork after getting the job and having an excellent job submitted, the issue of not crediting bank account after requesting for withdrawal comes up again. Please, kindly help me look into what is going on. I requested for withdrawal since Saturday, 5th of June, 2021 and nothing has been credited into my bank account till now. The upwork ref ID for the withdrawal request is 387616032. Please, kindly help me look into this matter as it is so frustrating at the moment.

Hi Ayuba,

Please keep in mind that It can take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let us know, and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork
Community Member

I got my withdrawal on May 26 Wednesday, but still, I did not get my payment.

I tried to talk with support and they said to me I should wait 8 days for that. But actually, it passed 8 days even though 31 May is the holiday in USA. I also talked with my bank and they said "We never get a transfer from Upwork" and they request an invoice from Upwork to indicate Upwork sent the money.

I asked invoice from Upwork but no one is answered yet. Still waiting. And also Upwork told me that we are going to trace the money and it takes 2-4 weeks. I guess this is quite long and people maybe need money 

Hi Daan,

I can see you replied to your support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible. Please continue to communicate with our team as they are the ones who can best assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork

I withdraw payment using Direct to Local bank last wednesday 5th June , Still the payment has not been credited in my bank account. Since I've been using upwork, I always get my payment within 24 hours. Upwork told me to wait for 8 business days for money to arrive.

I don't think the payment system is working as expected becuase its not possible that one transaction is missing for days and the one i requested on 7th June got credited within few hour (As in normal routine)....

I fully trust upwork and i am sure they have processed the missing payment from their end. But my question  is where is the problem then? Bank is fine, upwork is fine, I think there's problem with upwork financial partner (Calibre consulting Limited). They are the one creating this mess.

I would like upwork to please trace the missing trasaction for me, becuase if new trasactions are coming successfully then no reason to wait for 8 business days to trace a transaction as i am 100% sure that the banking partner of upwork is holding my payment for no reason...  

Hi Ayuba,

Rest assured, I checked the transaction and can confirm it was successful on our end. Please know that we are not able to initiate a trace before 8 business days have passed since funds usually arrive by then. Please keep in mind it has only been 2 business days since this transaction was initiated and it is still within the normal timing.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths