🐈
» Forums » Support » Payment not received to my Local Bank
Page options
zayim-1
Community Member

Payment not received to my Local Bank

Hi, I hope you are fine. Yesterday I made a transaction to my local bank account and till now I didn't receive the payment to my local bank account. This is the first time I face this type of issue otherwise on my previous payments I get the payments after a few minutes of transactions made from Upwork. 

I call to my bank as well and ask them about that and they said, they don't receive any payment against this reference ID yet.

Can you help me to trace my payment or what is the issue actually?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

928 REPLIES 928
asdeguzman
Community Member

I clicked "Get paid" to but did not notice until later that the bank account information that I put in are incorrect. Can I get back the money that I sent to the wrong account?

Hi Angelo,

Please allow for 8 business days to pass and reach out to us if the withdrawal still doesn't reflect on your account so that we can issue a trace.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have the same problem 😞
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Klarence Anne Loui,

This withdrawal will return to your account once the transaction fails, which usually take from 7 to 10 days. If after 10-days, it still isn't reflecting on your Upwork account, please get back to us so that we can issue a trace for you.  Please make sure to have the right information on your payment method moving forward so that you can receive your withdrawn earnings on time.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I also have entered the wrong information. I read some questions here and they say it usually is refunded within 8 to 10 days but my transaction was 12 days ago already

Hi John,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
kalgg
Community Member

Hi! I’ve had my auto-withrawal option here at Upwork. It should be credited to a local bank (PSBank). It is already 7 day but I still haven’t had my payment. The bank said that I’ve input the incorrect BRSTN code. What should I do? Please help.

**Edited for community guidelines**

i have clicked “Get Paid” but did not notice that i have mistakenly entered my Card Number instead of Account Number. would the payment still be debited to my bank account? if not how long would it take for me to recover it in my upwork account so i can transfer it properly again. Thank you!’
petra_r
Community Member

Aldwin V wrote:
 would the payment still be debited to my bank account?

No

Aldwin V wrote:
 if not how long would it take for me to recover it in my upwork account so i can transfer it properly again. 

between one and two weeks, usually.

6c0d1a72
Community Member

Hey Petra, Appreciate your reply. my bad, it sucks but i have to wait.lesson learned.
gendrano_john_ph
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Good day!

I also got the same concern with payment transaction process delay.

I made a payment request today but my payment has not been processed untill now. Usually it takes less than 30mins to process the payment and deposit into my bank account. This is not my first withdrawal I made withdrawals every week or whenever I want.

Thanks in advance.

Hi John,

I can confirm that your withdrawal was successful. Please keep in mind that It can take between 2 to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded on your bank account. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let us know, and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Same problem here. I withdraw my money 4 days ago but it doesn't arrive in my local bank account. Every time it takes 1-2 hour to arrive in my account. Me and my friend withdraw at the same day, he got his payment but I didn't get my payment. We have account in the same bank. I withdraw my payment on 19th August. Please solve this problem.
I attached some screnshots of upwork notification and email.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Abir,

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please be mindful that direct to local bank transfers may take up to four business days to arrive at your bank, which is likely why you still haven't received yours. Feel free to check this help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
msaifullah81
Community Member

Hello dear!
A few days ago I just get paid on 18 Oct and received a confirmation email after  that on 20 Oct I received your payment has been processed but I did not receive payment and I also talked to my bank manager he checked that we did not receive your payment could you please check what happened to my payment and trace it where is it
Thanks
Regards
Saif

Saif U wrote:

... could you please check what happened to my payment and trace it where is it

You can ask Support to initiate a trace after 8 business days have passed. Business days exclude weekends and holidays, so in the unlikely case that you haven't received your funds next Wednesday, a trace can be initiated.

Hi Saif,

For direct to local bank transfer, it may take 3-5 business days before the funds are reflected in your account. Holidays in the US and your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. I also checked, and it looks like you submitted a support ticket to our team regarding this concern. One of our agents will also update your ticket, providing further assistance. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
7a2402b4
Community Member

Hello. I made a withdrawal to a local bank account on 20/oct/2021. A few hours later, I received a notification from the upwork that the "Your payment on 20-Oct-2021 has been processed". But this money was not displayed in my account. I have already used this method of transferring to the same account. Is this an erroneous upwork notification or something else? Also, before, when I used this method, money was transferred to the account before the upwork sends a notification.

Hi Adeel,

Please keep in mind that In general, direct to local bank payments take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If you haven't received your funds after 8 business days, feel free to follow up here so that we can assist you further. 
To learn more about this, check out this help article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hope i will get my fund soon.

hi Upwork,
Its been 30 + hrs, but still there is no payment yet in my account, whats going on?, i call international remidence too they told me they dont have any payment regarding this, i trusted on you guys please send my payment, i need it,

Thanks
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adeel, 

I can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. However, the timings that Goran shared still apply since this is a Direct to Local Bank transfer, which is subject to different processing times by different processors/banks. 

As Goran shared, if the withdrawn amount still hasn't been reflected in your account after eight business days, you can reach out to us here, and our team will assist you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
7a2402b4
Community Member

Ok thanks

its very disappointing seriously, This never happened before, I don't know what to do, my uncle is a bank manager, he told me they didn't received any payment yet, if this is the case if you r gonna make things rough I can't work on upwork anymore, I'll just leave Upwork.

By now I was paying you 10% of my income every week I thought you deserve it and my profile was building but now i am thinking, I won't work here if you're not gonna transfer my money on time when needed,.

Now upwork is my only income source,you guys will loose my trust after every single hour of my wait, its very frustating.
7a2402b4
Community Member

Now the third day is going, its very disappointing seriously, This never happened before, I don't know what to do, my uncle is a bank manager, he told me they didn't received any payment yet, if this is the case if you r gonna make things rough I can't work on upwork anymore, I'll just leave Upwork.

By now I was paying you 10% of my income every week I thought you deserve it and my profile was building but now i am thinking, I won't work here if you're not gonna transfer my money on time when needed,.

Now upwork is my only income source,you guys will loose my trust after every single hour of my wait,

Hi Goran,
Now the third day is going, its very disappointing seriously, This never happened before, I don't know what to do, my uncle is a bank manager, he told me they didn't received any payment yet, if this is the case if you r gonna make things rough I can't work on upwork anymore, I'll just leave Upwork.

Now upwork is my only income source,you guys will loose my trust after every single hour of my wait,

Hi, Now the third day is going, its very disappointing seriously, This never happened before, I don't know what to do, my uncle is a bank manager, he told me they didn't received any payment yet, if this is the case if you r gonna make things rough I can't work on upwork anymore, I'll just leave Upwork.

Hi Adeel,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear that you have not received your funds and how you feel about the same. As advised by Goran, please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't been reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

please provide me transaction id, i have contacts in international remmitence, i will find out about this, thank youIts too late already

Hi Adeel,

Rest assured, your funds are not lost. If you haven't received them after 8 business days, feel free to follow up here and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you for your patience.

~ Goran
Upwork
rdel1996
Community Member

Hi, I usually receive a confirmation email about my Upwork payment being processed to my local bank, then receive the money in a couple of hours. However, Just today, I didn't receive any confirmation email about it, Is it because of the holidays?:(

Hi Reabelle,

I checked the transaction and it seems that it's still in process. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions are processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, you can come back here, and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Upwork Team,

I have not received the payment yet. I already called my local bank which is Metrobank, they have not received it yet also.

Please help.

Sincerely,
Wilfredo M. Hinilarao Jr.
 **Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Hi Wilfredo,

Please keep in mind that  It can take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let us know, and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I have been receiving payments since January and it will only take 1-3 hours to get the payment directly to my local bank. I already contacted my bank and they said there was no transaction today. Please advise. I need the money now for emergency purposes.

Hi Wilfredo,

I understand your concern with this and would like to clarify that in general, it can take up to 4 business days for the funds to arrive in your bank account. To learn more about this, check out this Help Article
Rest assured, your funds are not lost. If you haven't received them after 8 business days feel free to follow up here, and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Can you also please check my withdrawal today? This is the first time it's delayed since the start of the year. Usually, the withdrawal process takes just an hour and I already get an email confirming that the withdrawal is successful. Now it's been 4 hours and still no confirmation. Is there some reason for the delay?

Thanks!
xtn_311
Community Member

Me, too. I have the same problem here as Nestor. Can you please check, Goran?

Thank you.

Christian

Hi Nestor, and Christian Arthur,

For Direct to Local Bank transfer, payments take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. You might want to check the following help articles for more information:

Direct to Local Bank

Direct to Local Bank Fees and Timing

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths