🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment problem
Page options
sondosalshami
Community Member

Payment problem

My milestone approved 6 days ago but I didn't receive the payment to my paypal account!?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Sondos,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to advise you regarding your returned withdrawals concern. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. Once you're ready to proceed with the verification process confirm that with our team replying to this ticket. One of our agents will follow up to guide you through the process.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Sondos A wrote:
My milestone approved 6 days ago but I didn't receive the payment to my paypal account!?

You are clearly underage and not allowed to work on upwork, no matter how cute your smile is. 

petra_r
Community Member

Sondos A wrote:

You seem to have missed a stept or three...

Have you actually withdrawn your available balance yet? There is a "Get Paid Now" button on your Reports > Available page

And you need to change your profile picture to a photo of yourself or you'll get into trouble.

Yes, I did. But the transaction rejected.

It says this " We have processed your payment request submitted on
08-Jul-2019. Unfortunately, your payment could not be completed and funds
were returned to your Upwork account Sondos Alshami " what would be the
problem?

re: "what would be the problem?"

It sounds like there was a problem when Upwork tried to charge the client's credit card or PayPal account.

If Upwork tried to issue a charge in order to pay you, but couldn't get the money then there are two possibilities:

a) you are covered by Upwork's Payment Protection plan, and you will be paid

[or]

b) you are NOT covered by Payment Protection, and you will not be paid.

If you are NOT covered by Payment Protection, then this is due to mistakes that you made.

Preston H wrote:

re: "what would be the problem?"

It sounds like there was a problem when Upwork tried to charge the client's credit card or PayPal account.

Nonsense.  Fixed rate and funded milestone. The money was returned to his Upwork account. If it had been a failed payment method it would never have gone that far, the contract would not even have happened, and the funds would not have been returned to his Upwork account.

The milestone was approved, the client's payment method had long been charged successfully at that point. He actually managed to initiate a withdrawal, which failed.

The problem is that in his country, PayPal does not automatically support MassPay, which is the method Upwork uses to send out money to our PayPal accounts.

The OP will need to either use a different withdrawal method or contact PayPal in his country to see if MassPay receiving can be enabled for his PayPal account, which is possible in some countries but not others.

I have a due of $2 payment. But I'm unable to settle this amount in order to unblock my account.

While trying to make payment, The following issues occurs "We were unable to process your payment. Please update your billing method and try again".

What could be the issue?

Hi Azhagiri,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Sondos,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to advise you regarding your returned withdrawals concern. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. Once you're ready to proceed with the verification process confirm that with our team replying to this ticket. One of our agents will follow up to guide you through the process.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths