🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment refund
Page options
f63617d3
Community Member

Payment refund

Hello

Recently I did a fixed job and bid amount is $50 USD.

Both side completed the job with satisfaction.

Upon the job completion client has paid me $44 USD.

I informed to client that you have paid me only $44 USD have to pay me balance $6 USD. He said he will check with upwork and let me know.

Now he have messaged me and asking a refund of $19 USD and then he will pay again $25 USD.

What to do?
Will my JSS will get affect for this refund?

But the job is completed!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for your message. I checked and it looks like the client has paid you $69 in total on the said contract. If you feel this was more than the agreed amount, you can initiate a refund from your contract page for the additional amount paid by the client.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PradeepH

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for your message. I checked and it looks like the client has paid you $69 in total on the said contract. If you feel this was more than the agreed amount, you can initiate a refund from your contract page for the additional amount paid by the client.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Mr. Pradeep H ☺
Thank you for your reply!

Agreed amount is $50 USD.
But its shows client has paid only $44 USD. Client should pay me Balance $6 USD.

He have paid extra $25 USD its shows to me as miscellaneous payment I think its not successfully paid.

I think miscellaneous payment will be disregard automatically.

So I think I dont need to refund him, he only should pay my balance $6 USD

What should I do for that?
petra_r
Community Member

Mohamed A wrote:
 I think its not successfully paid.

What makes you say that? 

Mohamed A wrote:
I think miscellaneous payment will be disregard automatically.

Why? Such payments are processed like any others. Go to Reports > Pending. Is there a date in the left hand column?

Hi Mohamed,

I can confirm that, in general, if a Milestone is released with funds higher than the amount in Escrow that invoice will show as miscellaneous in your reports. If there are any issues with Upwork charging the client for that amount, the client can discuss it with our support team and they'll assist. I can see your client is already being assisted!

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Mohamed A wrote:

Will my JSS will get affect for this refund?

No, of course not. Unless you are making this whole thing so unpleasant for the client that you end up with poor feedback...

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths