🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment rejected from Upwork
Page options
sheraz0335
Community Member

Payment rejected from Upwork

Hi it's sheraz Khan My client going to Make $8090 Transaction through PayPal but after second Upwork refunded money to my client automatically without inform me.

I really not understand what should I need to do.

10 REPLIES 10
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Sheraz K wrote:

Hi it's sheraz Khan My client going to Make $8090 Transaction through PayPal but after second Upwork refunded money to my client automatically without inform me.

I really not understand what should I need to do.

Hopefully you didn't buy crypto. The client's credit card was probably fraudulent or stolen. 

Regarding your profile: if you offer data entry for $200/hour, you are not attracting the right kind of clients. You need to be at market rate if you want your profile to look professional. 

petra_r
Community Member

Sheraz K wrote:

My client going to Make $8090 Transaction through PayPal but after second Upwork refunded money to my client automatically

Clearly there was something seriously suspicious about that transaction. It's probably fraud or a scam or illegal.

Petra R wrote:

Sheraz K wrote:

My client going to Make $8090 Transaction through PayPal but after second Upwork refunded money to my client automatically

Clearly there was something seriously suspicious about that transaction. It's probably fraud or a scam or illegal.

My guess is that Upwork tries to protect clients from all all the freelancers with copied profiles like:
Yes you are at the right place. We are here to help you to promote your business with 100% satisfaction. We will provide you fast and reliable service and our goal is to provide the best services possible to all of our clients.

Jennifer R wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Sheraz K wrote:

My guess is that Upwork tries to protect clients from all all the freelancers with copied profiles like:
Yes you are at the right place. We are here to help you to promote your business with 100% satisfaction. We will provide you fast and reliable service and our goal is to provide the best services possible to all of our clients.

Well, the strange thing is that such a profile has been accepted.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi  Sheraz,

Looks like this payment is for your Direct Contract. Our team will look into it and update you directly via a support ticket once they have more information.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
data_divas
Community Member

🤔Oh dear.

roberty1y
Community Member

As I understand it, Upwork compensates freelancers when they work at an hourly rate for a client who then turns out to have an invalid payment method. That's what seems to have happened in this case. I think it reasonable to assume that Upwork examines both parties' credentials before paying out compensation, especially in the case of someone who's doing data entry for $200 per hour.

Robert Y wrote:

As I understand it, Upwork compensates freelancers when they work at an hourly rate for a client who then turns out to have an invalid payment method. That's what seems to have happened in this case. I think it reasonable to assume that Upwork examines both parties' credentials before paying out compensation, especially in the case of someone who's doing data entry for $200 per hour.

I don't know how projects work, are they hourly, or can they be hourly? In any case, upwork doesn't pay a fantasy rate, only market rate. But you need screenshots and all that of course. Since OP has asked only yesterday, I believe, if he can be paid 9K on a project and how that works, it seems to me that the work was done in one day. Which comes out to a great hourly rate for sure, even better that the $200 that is his profile rate. Well, the kind of jobs we all aspire to getting one day, right? Not. (On a more serious note, that is a s-load of money, and I hope it's not the usual, but there is no indication that it isn't.)

Edit: direct contract, not project.

Direct Contract, $200 per hour data entry, hmmmm.

With direct contracts the money for hourly contracts is charged in advance. (not after the work week ended like with normal contracts).

Obviously in this case the charge didn't go through and was never going to go through.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members