🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment request failed due to invalid taxNumb...
Page options
scarletf110
Community Member

Payment request failed due to invalid taxNumber

Hello!

I recently initiated a withdrawal to Local bank but I got an email notification saying the request failed due to "invalid data in the following field: taxNumber" and the funds have been returned to my Upwork account. 

I am not sure what this means as I've never encountered this issue before. I added my PAN number last month when it was required for all India-based freelancers to do so. I'm wondering if there's some other information required for tax purposes that I'm not aware of.

Can someone help me with this? Or direct me to someone who can help? 

Thanks.

28 REPLIES 28
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vidya,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your payment method.

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
anil348
Community Member

Hey Bojan,

I'm facing this same issue, please help.

Thanks

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Anil,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue. 

Hi Malikharjun,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am facing the similar issue can someone help me too. 

Hello!

I recently initiated a withdrawal to Local bank but I got an email notification saying the request failed due to "invalid data in the following field: taxNumber" and the funds have been returned to my Upwork account. 

I am not sure what this means as I've never encountered this issue before. I added my PAN number last month when it was required for all India-based freelancers to do so. I'm wondering if there's some other information required for tax purposes that I'm not aware of.

Can someone help me with this? Or direct me to someone who can help? 

Thanks.

Hi Amandeep,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, I am facing same issue. On initiating withdraw, it is showing:

"The reason for returned funds is invalid data in the following fields: taxNumber."

Please help, 

Thanks, 

Swapnil **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Swapnil,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

I am facing same issue.

I have added my PAN details already.

Please do the needful. 

Thank you,

Ankit.

Hey Bojan,

I'm facing this same issue, please help.

Thanks

Hi Prashant,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already updated your Tax information. Could you please try initiating the fund withdrawal again after 48 hours? Feel free to message us if problem persists.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
jeets_php
Community Member

Hello Bojan,

I am also having exactly same issue,

Could you please help?

Thanks

Hi Jagjit,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
piyushkaklotar88
Community Member

Hello Upwork Support team,

I am facing the same issue. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Hi Piyush,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
senthilkumar_snp
Community Member

Hello,

I am also facing the same issue. Earlier I submitted my PAN and it got verified but still, I am not able to withdraw funds. Could anyone help me with this

Hi Senthilkumar,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
yogeshpaygude
Community Member

Hello!

I recently initiated a withdrawal to Local bank but I got an email notification saying 

We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed,

The reason for returned funds is invalid data in the following fields: taxNumber,

As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments"

Can someone help me with this? 

Thanks.

Hi Yogesh,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the rejected fund withdrawal. Could you please try initiating a fund withdrawal again after updating your tax information here?

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

I have already updated my tax Information. It says PAN verification pending.

Hi Yogesh,

Thank you for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
smridula
Community Member

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue. I submitted my PAN and it got verified but still, I am unable  to withdraw funds.

Can someone help me with this issue?

Thanks

Mini

Hi Mrs Mini,

Thank you for your message. I will have our support team contact you for further assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
smridula
Community Member

Hi Pradeep ,

Thank you for your quick response.  Re-entered bank details as per the instructions.

Thanks

Mini

creativecat3
Community Member

I am facing the same issue please help me out

Hi Chetan,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths