🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment suddenly unverified
Page options
romahora
Community Member

Payment suddenly unverified

Hi community,
I've had an hourly contract for about a year and for the first time the work I billed for last week didn't clear payment today. It still appears as pending.

I went to "my jobs" to look at the contract and it says "client's payment method unverified." Does this mean the payment method failed? What is the protocol here, should I reach out to the client to have them make sure their CC isn't expired? Does Upwork notify them? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Roma,

If the client's payment method fails to be charged, the transaction will show as Pending under the Transaction History. Your client is usually notified about this. Please ask your client to follow up on the notification they received and communicate with our team in order to resolve the issue with their account and resume your expense payment. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Roma,

If the client's payment method fails to be charged, the transaction will show as Pending under the Transaction History. Your client is usually notified about this. Please ask your client to follow up on the notification they received and communicate with our team in order to resolve the issue with their account and resume your expense payment. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
romahora
Community Member

Will do. Thank you Joanne.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members