🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Payment type
Page options
stutidesign
Community Member

Payment type

I want to work as a graphic prints developer, and I am new to Upwork ................I am not able to decide if I should choose fixed payment method or an hourly rate .

Also, I am not sure how the scope of work is determined in my type of occupation.

In future I will be doing character design as well and I dont know if I should choose fixed payment method or an hourly rate for that.

Also, under the fixed price method, if the client does not approve my work and that's why does not pay me ...........then the client does not get to keep the work with him right.

also, with upwork how do we send the work to client.

3 REPLIES 3
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stuti,

I can suggest that you check this and these pages as articles there explain how each of the contract types works.

While working on a Fixed-Price Contract, to ensure that you are payment protected on Upwork, we always recommend that you only submit work for the fixed-price contract through the contract page by clicking on the "Request for payment" button. By doing so, your client has 14-days to review the work that you have submitted. If they don't come back within 14-days, the money in escrow will automatically be paid to your account. You can check this help article for more information about Fixed-Price payment protection.

For Hourly contract, we always suggest using the Upwork Desktop App to track the time you spent working. As long as the hours you log with the app meet the Hourly Protection criteria, you will be paid for the time you invoice. For that payment protection, you can check this help article to learn more.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Stuti:

You are wondering about whether you should use fixed-price or hourly contracts.

You should use whatever works best or you.

You should understand that fixed-price is a more complex contract model than hourly.

LOTS of freelancers use both.

Some freelancers use only hourly or only fixed-price.

Regardless of what you decide, you will need to learn more about these in order to succeed.

Freelancers typically rely mainly on one of the following ways to learn about how things work on Upwork:

a) Read about things before doing.

b) Jump in and try the system, but prepare to take your lumps if you make mistakes.

If you really would prefer to just jump in and try things rather than reading the available Help Documents and reading in the Forum, then I recommend you focus only on hourly contracts first. Because they are simpler.

thank you for ur reply
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths