🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Payment verified filter
Page options
shurgaree
Community Member

Payment verified filter

Greetings,

Is there a search function to filter out clients whose payment methods have not been verified? I saw a similar post in 2016 -- have any changes been made?

Besides that, what are your feelings about working with clients with unverified payment? I am relatively new to Upwork and haven't applied to work with any clients with unverified payment. Is this probably a good idea or do you all have good luck with unverified clients?

6 REPLIES 6
pudingstudio
Community Member

Alex S wrote:

Greetings,

Is there a search function to filter out clients whose payment methods have not been verified? I saw a similar post in 2016 -- have any changes been made?

Besides that, what are your feelings about working with clients with unverified payment? I am relatively new to Upwork and haven't applied to work with any clients with unverified payment. Is this probably a good idea or do you all have good luck with unverified clients?

Do send proposals and if client responds, make them aware that you will not work until their payment is verified.

Multiple job I've done were like that.
As soon as the rules were explained to a client, they went ahead and do it properly, after which I was able to start with my work.

Alex, I don't know about you, but I still have that filter, and it seems to work.

Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 12.25.29 PM.png

I do not have that feature. Do you have a paid account? It might just be an extra benefit.

If not, I have no idea why the option wouldn't be available to me.

My clients are seldom verified when they hire me.  I tell them that they need to verify before I start working.  Never had a problem.

Alex S wrote:

I do not have that feature. Do you have a paid account? It might just be an extra benefit.

If not, I have no idea why the option wouldn't be available to me.

Everyone has that feature. Get aquainted with all the job search parameters available to you on your account page. Unverified payment is not a problem unless you start working without that in place.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alex, 

To be able to get to the same page as John's screen grab, please click on the magnifying glass on your Find Work page so that you can be redirected to this page

Filters.png

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths