🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment was sent to a close bank account
Page options
jdoquine
Community Member

Payment was sent to a close bank account

Hello, I made a funds withrawal yesterday January 29,2020 for my funds in upwork however I was not able to check that the bank information I was using was already closed due to inactiveness. Is there any chance I can traceback the transaction my local account bank was already shut down and I don't know if I am still to receive the funds.

9 REPLIES 9
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jhon, 

The transaction will be reversed by the bank and will be returned to your bank account. I don't have a specific time when this will happen, but if the refund is not processed within eight business days (from the day you withdraw your earnings), you can come back here and our team will assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
jdoquine
Community Member

I only have 1 (one) bank account. do you mean it will return the funds to upwork funds? on my upwork account? thanks!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, Jhon. It will be automatically returned to your Upwork account's available balance. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Jhon, I have the same issue. How long did you wait for the funds to return to your account?

Hi Avery, I sent my funds to a closed bank account too. In the event it’s not returned within 8 days, what requirements do I need to upload here?

Hi Krystal, 

Since this is a public forum, I would recommend that not to upload any information that has your personal/private information. If in case your earnings are not refunded automatically to your Upwork account, you can update this thread, and the moderator at the time of your posting will assist you further with the next steps. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you for your response. How long should I monitor my upwork account for thr reversal?

Hi Krystal,

You can follow up here if you don't receive your funds within the eight-business day time frame you mentioned.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Noted, thank you!
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members