🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Payment
Page options
ahmedalishah98
Community Member

Payment

I was paid by my client but my money was refunded because I manually added the time and Upwork didn’t know if I had completed the job or not so they refunded the amount back to my client. I have been contacting my client and Upwork ever since but they are not replying. I can even add screenshot of chat with my clients where it shows I completed my job. It’s already been 3 weeks and I still haven’t been paid yet. Upwork has rules to protect clients but doesn’t it have rules to protect sellers?
7 REPLIES 7
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Syed Ahmed Ali S wrote:
I was paid by my client but my money was refunded because I manually added the time and Upwork didn’t know if I had completed the job or not so they refunded the amount back to my client. I have been contacting my client and Upwork ever since but they are not replying. I can even add screenshot of chat with my clients where it shows I completed my job. It’s already been 3 weeks and I still haven’t been paid yet. Upwork has rules to protect clients but doesn’t it have rules to protect sellers?

You are protected when you use the time tracker. Manual hours are never protected, no matter if you project is finished or not. Maybe the client knew this and never planned to pay you. Upwork has specific rules in place which you chose to ignore. 

Even if I add screenshots of the chat with my client where it shows the job
clearly has been completed? Would then Upwork refund me my money back?

Re: "Even if I add screenshots of the chat with my client where it shows the job clearly has been completed? Would then Upwork refund me my money back?"

Yes. Even if you have screenshots of chat.

Those screenshots are irrelevent.

The chat is irrelevent.

Manual time is not protected.

Those are the rules.

Don't worry so much about this! Learn from this experience and move on.

Can Upwork contact the client on my behalf?

If the client failed to pay their bill, you can bet that Upwork has been in touch with them. 

Your client didn't complete the payment process. Upwork isn't going to pay you for the work because that is the client's obligation. You have been scammed by the client. 

I was paid by the client but Upwork refunded my client stating there is no
proof I completed the work.

Syed Ahmed Ali S wrote:
I was paid by the client but Upwork refunded my client stating there is no
proof I completed the work.

Wrong.

The client never paid Upwork, and because you used manual time, Upwork did not pay you out of their own pocket,´. The client never paid.

Under the terms of the protection, manual time is not protected (so when your client does not pay, as happened here) Upwork does not cover the hours.

Had you tracked the hours properly, Upwork would have paid you.

Every time you add manual time you get a clear warning...

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members